Tuesday, September 19, 2006

 
"The Queen" will have to wait. It' not as if any of my reviews are essential reading, anyway.

I wasn't feeling very well today. I tried to go to work. I got up, had some breakfast, got dressed, went to the bus stop, got on the bus and started the journey, but I felt unwell, dizzy and sick. After 30 of the 35 minutes of the journey I got off the bus, rang Lorraine on the mobile and told her that I was going home. She reminded me that I was due to have some training today. I summed up my feelings succiently as follows.

"Fuck The Company and Fuck The Training. I'm going home."

And then I hung up. I crossed the road, got on a bus going in the opposite direction and went home. I was in the house by 9:30 and back in bed by 9:45. I slept until 14:50. It didn't really make any difference and nor did the 3 weetabix I ate. I still felt dizzy.

I vegetated on the settee until Lorraine came home. She had bought food and (seemingly) had forgotten all about our brief conversation earlier. We have eaten and I feel better now.

During the weekend I was also dizzy and felt sick. At one point, during the walk down Broad Street after the cinema, I felt so ill that I stopped walking and caught the bus. I never catch the bus down Broad Street.

Low blood sugar? High blood sugar? Virus? Eyestrain? Lack of sleep? (I was up very late again last night.) Perhaps I should stop fucking about and go to the Doctor's? I cannot remember the last time I went to the Doctor's.

Lorraine said that I could take today as a holiday, if I want. No. If I am ill, I am ill. I do not skive off work, and if I was skiving, I wouldn't be inclined to spend most of it in bed. Anyway, I only have about 5 days left to choose and I may need them next year.

Back tomorrow. All comments will be read and responded to, blogs digested and I will write up "The Queen".

Bless you all, my children.

Comments:
A few people I know have been suffering lately from that sort of thing. Turned out to be viral vertigo which is not serious but makes you feel sick, dizzy etc frequently. Goes within a few weeks apparently.
Might be worth getting checked out if it persists.. Hope you feel better soon.
 
Why take a day off on holiday when it is one day when you are sick?

Good decision. And when you are ill, the best thing is to sleep it off. I've done that more than once when I've been ill.
 
"Lorraine said that I could take today as a holiday"
I hope you told her to fuck off! That's taking the piss.

There are a lot of bugs going around at the moment but it might be worth going for a quick check up. Or just getting some sleep for a change! ;-)

Seriously. Try looking after yourself for a few days and see if it goes away. If not, go to the docs.
 
Make sure it's not an inner ear infection. You can certainly get dizzy from that. Get well!
 
I hope you're feeling better. I stayed home yesterday too due to illness. I planned to go back to work today, but now both kids are home sick.
 
I forget to say, I can't believe Lorraine would suggest you take the day as a holiday. If you're ill, you take a sick day!
 
I need to explain something. Lorraine isn't that bad.

Every year The Company hold a prize draw, which is open to every employee who has managed to work the whole year without any time off sick. The prizes are good. A car, a holiday, a red letter day event, all sorts of things. If an employee does have a day off sick, they have the option to convert the sick day to a holiday day, so allowing them to remain in the draw, but it must be done within a week of returning back to work.

Last year every single prize was won by a manager. It stank like high heaven. I am still taking the day as a sick day. Fuck their car.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?