Wednesday, September 06, 2006

 
It has taken me two fucking hours to install a printer onto my new PC. (Nice printer, though.) As I actually work in IT it is nothing to be proud of. Lorraine now wants me to look into how to share access to the printer. Should be easy? Yes?

No. I remember nothing of what mini-Swiss Toni showed me on Friday. Lorraine thinks I was making notes. It is a shambles.

Last nights post escaped because I... Er... fell asleep and never actually managed to get onto the computer. Luckily I woke up just before "Lost" started. If I had missed that, there might have been trouble.

Where was I? Ah, yes. Saturday 2nd September 2006. I was...

Actually I am pretty bored with writing about things that happened last weekend. Been there. Done that. Let's get onto other things. How's about I just give you the short version? OK? Right.

Up 5am. In taxi at 6:10am. On train 6:45am. Slept. Arrived Euston 8:55am. Caffe Vergnano on Charing Cross Road. Best coffee we have ever had. Half Price Ticket Office in Leicester Square. Got tickets for Jeffrey Bernard Is Unwell starring Tom Conti. Walked around. Ended up in Hamleys. Shop had been taken over by pirates and crazed hordes of children. Also the giant Batman on the 5th floor had been replaced with a giant Superman. Not so good. Left Hamleys. Walked around. Ended up in Leicester Square. Ate at a place called the Spaghetti House. Terrible name for a restaurant, but the food was spectacular. Lorraine had eaten there before. Saw Jeffrey Bernard Is Unwell. Hilarious. Really enjoyed it. There seemed to be an awful lot of ad-libbing going on. End of term madness, I suppose. The matinee was the second to last performance. Tom Conti was just brilliant. No other word for it.

(Tom Conti is a strange actor. Everybody seems to know who he is, but nobody can name anything he has been in. Let me enlighten you. He was nominated for the Best Actor Oscar in 1984 for "Reuben, Reuben" and won a Tony for "Whose Life Is It Anyway?" on Broadway. He was in "Shirley Valentine", Alan Acykbourn's great "The Norman Conquests" trilogy and a rather brilliant Dennis Potter drama called "Blade On A Feather". In recent times he was in "Friends" - playing Helen Baxendale's Father, I think - and an amiable, but hardly exciting ITV thriller series called "Donovan". I think that he is one of our great acting treasures. Lorraine had always wanted to see him on stage - me to, which is why I chose to see "Jeffrey Bernard Is Unwell".)

On train 6:20pm. Slept. Arrived Birmingham 8:30pm. Home 8:45pm. Lorraine went to bed. I pottered about. The End.

Sunday I bought a printer. The End.

I did not see a film at the cinema at the weekend. The government did not fall, although it looks like Blair might finally have to declare his intentions. This is what happens when I do not go to the cinema.

Monday I went back to work. Might as well be The End.

Comments:
No film?!
*storms off* ;-)
 
Unless you're a desktop support techie, making changes to a PC can be a nightmare. Plug 'n Play very seldom does what it says, so you're not the only one who gets baffled from time to time.
 
Hamleys, eh??

Had a look round many years ago. Fascinated by the number of toys in there, but was a bit put off in one area, and all you good smell was child-sick.

Why? I'm still trying to work that one out.
 
Just don't see anything by M. Night Sham-ayalan.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?