Saturday, September 30, 2006

 
Back on planet Earth, today I saw "Clerks 2".



There is a train of thought that says Kevin Smith has only one movie in him and that he has remade it over and over again. It's a good job it's a good movie then, isn't it?

I liked "Clerks 2". If you liked Kevin Smith's other films you will like it. If you disliked Kevin Smith's other films you will dislike it. I think that it is as simple as that.

Variable acting (Are those trees' onscreen? No! It's the two leads!), dodgy pacing (note to editor - too long! CUT CUT CUT), lots and lots of dialogue (most of it really funny), a bit about "Star Wars" (and the "Lord Of The Rings" films - No, I don't think Kevin Smith was impressed at all with the "Lord Of The Rings" films), a discussion about a sexual practice (ass to mouth, yay or nay?), unnatural sex (inter-species erotica? Eek!), and the greatest ever excuse for a lady to give for not having sex with her boyfriend.

"Clerks 2" is not a great departure. There is absolutely nothing in this film that betters the original "Clerks". I would go so far as to say that "Clerks 2" is probably a step back creatively from "Jersey Girl" , which actually is the film that makes a nonsense of my Kevin-Smith-Only-Remakes-One-Film opening, because it was an attempt to make a movie outside of the Jay And Silent Bob universe. I thought "Jersey Girl" was OK, but just OK.

Hell, enough blabber. Go and see "Clerks 2". It's not often that I hear real, stomach creasing laughter in a cinema, but I did hear it from the audience of this film.

There was some good news yesterday. Lorraine has had a promotion and a pay rise. It's quite a good pay rise and she deserves it. She has worked very hard for The Company, early mornings and late nights, sadly, I think, at the expense of spending time with and doing things with me (she went to work today). I have not expressed this opinion. I don't think it would matter if I did express it. All I have said is, "It's about fucking time" and I meant it.

Wait and see.

Comments:
When you watch his movies, there's a lot of in jokes,and I think that helps. I saw Dogma the other night again and I love the bit where Salma Hayak is pole dancing!!

p.s. You're picture for this post is TOO BIG.
 
Come on, who doesn't like to see Salma Hayak pole dancing?!

Dogma is my favourite Kevin Smith movie but I liked Clerks and Mallrats so will probably enjoy this. Good to hear that it is genuinely funny. I was wondering...
 
"Dogma" is one of Lorraine's favourite films.

Apparently Salma Hayek's role was a lot larger, most of it ending up on the cutting room floor. I don't even think the deleted scenes are on the DVD. All down to running time, apparently.

More Salma Hayek, pole dancing! We demand it!
 
I'll give Salma Hayak a big part any day of the week!
 
it's not a bad movie...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?