Tuesday, August 15, 2006

 
I'm back. Nobody is saying it, so I think I will.

"So, John. Basically, over the weekend you acted like an old woman (and apologies to any sensible old woman who might be reading). You panicked. You worked yourself and your lady love into a tizzy over nothing. The cat wasn't dying, he was just unwell for a couple of days. If anybody had listened to you, and heeded your advice, you would now have a dead cat on your hands and it would have been your fault. You really are just a weak, lillywhite, motherfucker."

Hmm... Yes. That just about covers it.

Moon The Cat was alone in the house all day today. He met us at the door when we arrived home. Fitter than I have seen him for ages. I think he is taking the piss.

I feel a prat, but I am glad to know such concerned people. I mean it.

Anyway, a joke.

There are two men in a bar. The first man turns to the second man and says, "I fucked your Mother".

The second man looks at the first man and then turns away.

The first man says, "I fucked your Mother. She loved it."

The second man looks at the first man, shakes his head sadly and again turns away.

The first man says, "I fucked your Mother. She really loved it. She really wanted it. I took her from the front and then I took her from behind and then..."

The second man turns angrily to the first man and says, "Dad! Go home. You're drunk."

Don't blame me! Lorraine told me that joke. And there I was thinking that she was a prude.

Sometime I need to write up "Lady In The Water", but not now. Now it's time for "Lost".

Comments:
No, Pynchon, that is NOT what anyone was thinking about you. You were obviously upset over Moon's distress, and that can only mean that you care for and love the little tyke enough to not want to see it suffer. Good for you! I would have been in the same quandary myself.
 
Exactly, no one things you're an idiot just that Moon is taking the piss!

Dangerous game in his shoes! ;-)
 
He's not taking the piss. It's in his nature to do things like that.

It's what they're good at.
 
LOL
Hooray for Moon! Next time ignore him and give him a shmacko.
 
The truth has to be faced, one day - and maybe soon - he won't be getting better.

It's horrible watching a loved family pet get worse and worse.

One thing your worrying might have achieved is to telegraph the fact that you love the pisstaking moggie to Lorraine...maybe.
 
That's why vets are involved when it comes to euthanasia decisions... they'll only ever recommend it when it's absolutely necessary to end an animal's suffering. You're not a prat. Just concerned about an animal you care about, and not knowing what was wrong with him.

Fantastic that he's so much better!
 
Glad he's doing better -- but please make sure you keep a close eye on him. Cats often hide their pain well.
 
Thanks all.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?