Wednesday, August 23, 2006

 
I meant to be here a lot earlier, but I got stuck into watching the remake of "Assault On Precinct 13" for the upteenth time and before I knew it, it had gone 10pm.

This will be short. I am suffering from sleep deprivation.

There was no post last night because Lorraine needed to dial onto work and was on modem for hours. Fine by me. I had nothing to say anyway. Instead I spent a happy couple of hours, before "Lost" started, organising all of the CD's in the house alphabetically. Once I had tossed all of the CD's that we had obtained free in various magazines (250+ of those fuckers!) into a box, I found that there was actually space on the IKEA shelves to fit everything that was left. I was also surprised to find CD's that I never knew we had. Such as...

The Best Of Echo And The Bunnymen. (Must be mine, but I have never played it. Great stuff.)
The Best Of Prince. (Ditto.)
Barry Manilow: The Ultimate Collection. (Not mine! Hmm... But I quite like "Mandy". That's a good song.)
Barbara Streisand: The Essential Collection. ("Evergreen". That's good. So is "Woman In Love".)
The Best Of Mark Knopfler and Dire Straits. (I used to really hate Dire Straits, but I have become senile in my old age. "Private Investigations". I like that one. And "Romeo And Juliet".)
The Best Of Frankie Laine. (Er...)
The Best Of Perry Como. (Eh?)

and finally...

wait for it...

The Best of Stars On 45. (Remember Stars On 45? Snippets of great tunes mixed into a medley. Sometimes, to their eternal shame, they used the original tracks and artistes, but a lot of the time they used soundalikes. They had 3 number 1's in this country. Just awful. Shit.)

It's not mine. I registered my protest with Lorraine. She said she was young and that she didn't know what she was doing. She said that she was led into obtaining a criminal record by a bad crowd.

I forgave her.

"Lost" was a bit middling. Rose and Bernard's story. It was nice, and it confirmed something about the Island, but that was about it. It didn't go anywhere. According to those in the know, the next episode is the killer.

Comments:
I think you were too forgiving there mate. Stars on 45...
 
Oddly, I just alphabetised my OH's vinyl collection. Yes, we still occasionally play vinyl in my house. It's rather nice sometimes, and actually has better sound quality than a CD.

Anyway... I was disgusted to find, amongst some terrific vinyl records, a Jason Donovan album. Ugh! I quietly puked and debated whether or not to throw it out, but have since been assured that it's part of a collection given to him by his best mate, who handed over all his records when he left the country recently. Still no excuse, though. I can't believe anyone would buy such a thing.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?