Wednesday, August 09, 2006

 
I had a choice last night. Blog or chores? No time for both. Chores won.

Actually, I felt quite good about making that choice. Sometimes you just have to get the mundane things done, and I felt better for it.

First I did ironing. (Lorraine has said that she doesn't mind ironing the odd shirt for me. Bollocks to that! When I broke my arm Lorraine did all of my ironing. It was a lamentable effort. Just terrible. None of the women I know can iron clothes properly. My Mom was also terrible at ironing,. She was so bad that my Dad also did his own ironing. Of course, I am being an ungrateful shit. You may reprimand me if you wish, but if you are an attractive lady, would you mind wearing a leather outfit while doing so?)

Secondly I did filing. (Most of the time I am very organised. I have folders full of receipts, statements and bills, organised by company name and date. If I need to I can lay my hands on any piece of paper generated by a purchase made by, or a service provided for, Lorraine or myself for the past 5 years. I am proud of this. OCD can have it's benefits, you know. I never lose anything and I also am obsessed with the need to know where everything is. I'm great, ain't I? And just so modest I could just shit.) I had a lot to file. All of the paper was in one pile that Lorraine has been banned from even looking at. Most of it got done.

Thirdly I did the washing up, even though I had cooked. Lorraine was watching "Innerspace" for the 9000th time. Waving the washing up liquid bottle at her was failing to get the message across. I couldn't leave the washing up. It was bugging me. I got it done.

Then it was time for "Lost" . (MINOR SPOILERS....Maps? Blast doors? Food drops? Oooh... Henry Gale? You are an interesting character, aren't you?)

I make no apologies. I love "Lost". By my calculations we have 6 E4 episodes to go. I read that the new series starts in the States in October. (Note. In the UK they show an episode every Tuesday night on Channel 4 at 10pm, with the following episode at 11pm on E4. The following episode is then broadcast on the following Tuesday night. I have been watching the double bill every Tuesday night until midnight. I think that it is worth it, but God, I was so tired today.)

So, was there anything to blog about last night? Not really.

Two nice ladies, who shall remain anonymous for the moment, but you probably know both of them, sent me emails recently. I have been pondering a suggestion from lady number one, which is a really good suggestion because she is a clever and perceptive lady, and is perfectly achievable in a couple of months time. Lady number two has made me an offer which I cannot refuse, and now I need to respond to her response to my response. Er... Yes!

Comments:
Why Pynchon! Other than your penchant for Lost, you're just about perfect aren't you!

'Course - my perception might be just a wee bit biased seeing as I live with two utter slobs, (much to my continual dismay)!
<|:))
 
Dude your pic from "Cars" and the other pic in your previous post are too wide for your margins and messed up your sidebar again.

And chores over blogging? Oh the shame! But if you post the emails from Lady one and Lady two we will forgive you. Well, as long as the emails are steamy enough.
 
Lady emails? Ooh...!

My mum was good at ironing but she used to iron underpants and such like. Why?! Apart from that I'm with you on the women ironing thing, I don't know another female and certainly not one under 50 that can iron for toffee.

My wife put out a shirt for me to iron for her last night while she sat and read horoscopes... Am I a schmuck or what?!
 
*ahem* I can iron, and I am under 50, and a woman. Not necessarily a lady.

My shirts are the stuff of legend. Been more a handicap than a virtue, truth be told.
 
I would love to have someone else do my ironing for me, even if they were shite at it. Not a good enough reason on its own to shack up with someone, though!
 
I actually enjoy ironing. I do both mine and my OH's, because he wears a lot of shirts and I've never seen him pick up an iron in his life. Although he tells me he can iron...

But I find it all very therapeutic, actually, so I don't mind in the least. And I'm a great ironer.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?