Wednesday, August 02, 2006

 
Every day I walk through the car park at work and see the M.D.'s porsche with the personalised number plate. ("W4ANKER", or something like that.) Every day I have to fight the urge to get my cock out and piss on his car.

Every day, on the way to my desk, I pass the Technical Support team leader Terry Pig, slouched in his chair. Every day I resist the urge to grab him by the throat to throttle the arrogance and indifference out of the cunt.

Every day I watch Lucy Toad, second in charge of one of the other Product teams, berating good people for lack of effort, while she gossips, skives, hangs around with the middle management clique, goes on smoke breaks or surfs the Internet in work time. I want to punch the stupid, lazy, stick thin, useless tart in the face, but I never do. I do not perform physical violence on women.

I believe that you can see a happy company in shades of yellow, orange pink and purple. Healthy and beautiful. Vitamin C for the soul.

The Company is grey and black and yellow. A sick and diseased old man. Decaying, crumbling and rotting flesh. A black chasm of a tooth rotting away with gum disease. The ebola virus. Aids. The plague. Bird flu. A nasty place to be.

I believe everywhere we are now seeing Future Shock. Technology has outstripped the ability of man to comprehend it. I don't know if I even want to try to keep up with it, anymore. I used to love it, but working in IT in 2006 is shit.

It has been a very bad day. Fuck it.

Lorraine's Brother called this evening to say that his missus is pregnant again with another set of twins. Lorraine said that she is happy for him, but I looked in her eyes and they tell a different story. No children for her and it's all my fault. I wouldn't make a decision.

My Mom and Dad would have been married 50 years on Friday. We are all going out for a meal to celebrate. My Mom is very anxious that we do it. She thinks that it is a good thing to celebrate, even though my Dad will not be there. I have arranged for my Mom to have some flowers delivered on Friday morning.

Lorraine didn't see the point in celebrating a 50th wedding anniversary that never happened. I disagree. There is every point. If my Mom wants to do it... Then that is the point. If Lorraine doesn't want to come, then she can stay at home. Fine by me.

Comments:
There's every point in celebrating their 50 years. Hope the worky stuff gets better John.
 
I see the point. I am going to get my husband taxidermied so that I can take him to our wedding anniversaries that he had the audacity to die before.
 
Marriage survives death, if needs be.

"ikfowool" i smy verification word today.
 
It's not about celebrating something that may have happened.

It's about celebrating life.
 
OK, I live int he same town as you, I'm looking for a job in IT, but really, if there's a vacancy at your place, warn me so I don't apply for it.
 
Sounds like Lorraine's brother is going to have a surplus of kids. Twins? Again? Eep!

I reckon its good that your family are marking a day like the wedding anniversary with a party, better than marking the day he died with a 'gathering'. Ominous phrase that.
 
Hope the dinner goes well. I work in a technology environment. My long held view is that technology has turned people as cold, empty and heartless as it is.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?