Wednesday, August 30, 2006

 
All the Hookers were busy and the only Coke around was Coca Cola.

Damn.

So, I have been to see "Harsh Times".



"Harsh Times" is a buddy buddy movie. Weirdly I didn't expect that, although I have read at least one review saying as much. I had an initial problem in that at first I couldn't get my head around what seemed to be the very cliched, gangsta dialogue being sprouted by Christian Bale and Freddie Rodriguez. It was all "dude", "mutherfuckers", "biatches", etc. I kept thinking Beavis & Butthead or Jay & Silent Bob and that is not good if you are attempting a serious movie. What do I know? I come from Birmingham, which as recently been voted the place with the silliest accent in the UK.

Once I had gotten into the rhythm of the language, I thought that "Harsh Times" was quite good. After we see the two guys driving around, stealing, getting high, getting drunk, having fun (and some of it is very funny) we see a moment of shocking violence and realise that this life is not so funny after all. Cliches aside, "Harsh Times" is gritty and powerful and asks the question, what exactly do you do with a human weapon?

This will hopefully be the final post on my old PC. I am collecting the new PC tomorrow and will be attempting to configure the Internet connection myself prior to getting wireless setup on Friday. Smells like trouble, if you ask me, but Lorraine said that it will be a piece of piss. Yeah, right.

I'm just going to step out. I have something to do. I may be some time. Play nice while I'm away.

Comments:
Gritty gangster buddy movie? Hmmm... Doesn't sound that appealing but I'll take your word for it.

Shame about the coke and hookers really.

Ooh, by the way, the pic you've included doesn't seem to want to show up.
 
I'm not asking where you were going and what you were planning to do once you got there.
 
Harsh times is a good movie. It is intense and good acting in it. The ending is not obvious which always is an extra bonus.
 
stef - Re. the picture. It displays OK on the old computer, Lorraine's laptop and my new computer. Nothing wrong here, my man.

dougzar - Probably just as well.

lizze - Wouldn't disagree with you there.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?