Sunday, July 02, 2006

 
So, what was my prediction again?

"England win on penalties after extra time. It's due."

Still due, then?

What a sad, flat and depressed day it has been, and all over a football match. Daft. Endless what if's have been going through my mind. If Sven had taken different strikers? If Beckham had not been injured, and Rooney had kept his cool, surely they would have been our first two penalty takers? Perhaps they would have bottled it as well? Maybe we would have lost the game in normal time if they had still been on the field? We played better once Beckham had been substituted and Rooney sent off.

So, the Mclaren era begins. My Brother doesn't reckon that we will do anything under Steve Mclaren.

I walked around today in my "They think it's all over..." Ben Sherman T-shirt. The ticket collector in the cinema commented on it being appropriate. Sure was.

Killer "Doctor Who" episode last night. Did you howl at the TV at about the 42nd minute, like I did? You didn't? Check your pulse. You might be dead.

No time now to write about "The Wind That Shakes The Barley". Tomorrow.

Comments:
I'm down with your brother. Looking forward to another ten years of underachievement under the FA's butt-monkey. *sigh*
 
I guess that "They think it's all over..." comment from Kenneth Wolstenholme in 66 is legendary. I always here it when I play the New Order song World in Motion.
 
You say 'killer', I say 'awesome' (and despite how it may have looked, I don't say that too often!). It was the only thing to really make me cheer and leap out of my seat on saturday...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?