Monday, July 17, 2006

 
Not a lot happening.

Lorraine is OK.

I am OK.

Did I mention that I came back from the cinema yesterday with a headache? Well, I did. I think it was the heat, too much sunshine and the fact that I was dehydrated because I didn't drink enough. I don't mind the nice weather, but it is such a pain in the arse. I am from Birmingham. We are supposed to be miserable and cold. I heard on GMTV that tomorrow might be the hottest July day that Britain has ever seen. Oh, joy.

It was the second day in a row that I came back from the cinema with a headache. Lorraine nags me daily to put on some sunscreen greasy filth, or to put a hat on over my solar-panel-for-a-sex-machine (AKA My Bald Spot), but I never do. Would Keith Richards put on sunscreen? Would Iggy Pop? Keith Moon? No.

Rock 'n' Roll!

Back to the headache. As I was obviously dying, I did the whole diva dying swan thing and flopped onto the settee, leaving Lorraine to do the dinner. I recovered sufficiently to eat a little bit. Lorraine then tortured me by putting on the Mel Gibson chick flick "What Women Want". Actually, I didn't think it was that bad (which in itself proves that I was very sick last night).

Oh, yes. My job is changing. The volume of work I have to deal with has decreased dramatically over the past 3 months. The Company have to decide what to do with me. (Kick the cunt out!) Luckily Lorraine is my boss and she has some mad plan to get me working with Bill Broad on the new product; investigating bugs, documenting them, liasing with and taking the piss out of the bunch of gormless Orcs that we call the programming team. She says that I will be happier in that role, being inflexible Pynchon and pointing out which bits of the software that are shit. (There is a lot of work to do in that role).

Happier. I would love to be happier. Wouldn't we all?

Comments:
I dunno, complaining about the heat. It'll be the cold next :)
Put sunscreen on yer bonce or it'll burn, then peel. Think about it!
 
You MUST have been sick to not only watch that dribble (What woman want)and further to not think it was that bad. That's a chick flick that even most chicks can't stomach!
 
ah...the sweetness of it all in such a hot hot summer day...software sucks. cmon dude...get one of those japanese made ventilatuers on a cap thingies...hoho!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?