Friday, July 28, 2006

 
It is 200th post of my current incarnation. Happy Anniversary to me. (Are you supposed to celebrate a 200th post? Maybe. Doesn't matter, does it?)

I had the day off today. For reasons best known to herself, Lorraine ordered some shelving units from Laura Ashley. I don't think that we need more shelving units, but who am I and what has it got to do with me anyway? Oh, yes. It was paid for on the joint credit card. That's where I come into it.

(Actually they are nice units, but I wasn't going to admit that now, was I?)

Anyway...

The order was placed weeks ago. At the time Lorraine specified home delivery and asked them to give us some warning of the day that they were going to deliver, as we do not work at home, and we would have to arrange for somebody to be at the house. They agreed.

Didn't happen.

The unit's were delivered, we were not at home (nor were the neighbours) and the unit's were taken away. Lorraine rings them. Sorry. We do apologise. Blah, blah, blah. We will let you know when they are coming.

Didn't happen. Again.

They try to deliver the unit's again the next day. Same sketch. Lorraine is pissed off. She rings them and talks to a manager. She threatens to hunt them down and kill them. Things are sorted. A day is decided on. Lorraine fixes me with a Margaret Thatcher laser beam stare and tells me that I am having a day off. I love Lorraine when she is red in the face, but not in this context. Scary.

So, today I had the day off. It wasn't too bad. I got up early as the delivery time was potentially as early as 8am. I was most of the way through "Beasts" disk 1 (bloody scary!) when they arrived at 10:30.

So, you might think I had the rest of the day to myself? Bollocks, did I? Well, Lorraine did tell me to go and enjoy myself at the cinema, if there was the time, but I chose not to. Sometimes you have to do the right thing. I have hoovered, I have shopped, I have taken clothes to the dry cleaners, I have ran around like a blue arsed fly. Kind of satisfying, truth be told.

Lorraine will be back from work at any time. I will now start the dinner.

Pynchon, domestic goddess, signing off.

(BTW. I wasn't here last night because we watched John Travolta in "Be Cool" (it had really average reviews when it came out, but I thought it was funny and ironic) and then I watched the BBC Syd Barrett tribute (which appeared to just be the first third of the documentary about Pink Floyd, that was broadcast in 2002). No time for anything else.)

Comments:
Congratulations! I hope you were drinking champagne as you wrote this post.
 
happy 200th shelving thing, mister.
 
Be Cool was a surpringly good film, I too enjoyed it when I saw it.

Congrats on the 200th post; any idea what your post total is for all your blog personalities past and present?

I sometimes find domestic days where you do all that dull stuff you put off in the weed oddly satisfying too. Thing I'm going to have a crack at the house today in fact!
 
Congrats on your 200th post.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?