Thursday, July 20, 2006

 
I really should go to bed. I have had a couple of late nights and it has caught up with me. I am yawning and have a bit of a headache.

I will go in a little while.

This evening Lorraine decided that she wanted to see Andy Abraham live. Andy Abraham came second to Shayne Ward in the "X-Factor" last year. I logged onto the NEC Group website, checked the availability of tickets and... Phew! Only Grand Tier tickets left. Sorry, Andy. Maybe another time. Actually I wouldn't have minded seeing Andy Abraham live (I liked him), but paying nearly thirty quid apiece to sit in the Grand Tier at the Symphony Hall, which is so high you need oxygen and a telescope to see the stage, was a bit much.

Lorraine then decided that the Jasper Carrott Christmas Rock With Laughter show at the NEC would be something she might want to see. (I have been trying to get her to commit to going for weeks.) This year's lineup will be Jasper Carrott, Jimmy Carr, Lenny Henry, Journey South (who came third in the "X-Factor" last year), Suzi Quatro, Roy Wood (Christmas in the UK is not allowed without Roy Wood's biggest hit playing on the radio) and other people that escape my mind at the moment. Same routine. Logged onto the NEC Group website, checked the ticket availability (front row in block G - that'll do, thank you very much), tried to order and... Pow... 'An error has occurred. Your order has not gone through. Please contact the NEC Box Office'. Bollocks to that. I will order from the Symphony Hall or the NIA on Saturday.

It could be busy between now and Christmas.

I am going to see the Flaming Lips and am thinking of going to see the Icicle Works, the Cult, the Complete Stone Roses and the Bootleg Beatles. Sadly, Lorraine has no interest in seeing any of them. She hates the NIA and she double hates the Birmingham Carling Academy. On top of that we need to sort out a trip to London during my birthday week to see something in the West End, a trip to London for my Niece and Nephew around Christmas (we promised them last year that we would take them to Hamley's) and a trip to the panto in Birmingham just before Christmas.

No time. No time at all.

Need to go. Sleep. Beautiful sleep.

Comments:
I wondered who went to see X Factor contestants in concert... Now I know ;-)

Enjoy the Flaming Lips when you go, should be better than a night with a talent show loser.
 
John, do you have to say the word 'Christmas' at this time of year?
 
stef - I watched "X-Factor" religiously. No apologies from me. I enjoyed it. Lorraine said that she didn't like the show that much, but she was the one who wanted to see some of them live. (I have just talked her out of going to see Journey South. Phew.)

fuff - I apologise. Actually, no I don't! Christmas! Christmas! Planning ahead, you know. (Did you know that Roy Wood recorded "I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day" in July. He bought cold air blowers into the studio and got everybody to dress up in Christmas outfits. I love Roy Wood. He was a genius.)
 
cBootleg Beatles are great ... seen them a couple of times.

Oh and I totally agree about Roy Wood and the genius thing.

Not planning for Xmas yet ... got plenty of things happening before to take my mind off it !
 
Journey South? Eep! That was a close shave!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?