Sunday, June 11, 2006

 
Perhaps it's me, but I don't think that a 1-0 victory by means of an own goal, albeit from a brilliant David Beckham free kick, is that fantastic a start to the England campaign. It was a good, commanding first half, but a less than impressive second half. Then again, don't England always start slowly? The good news is that all we need is to beat Trinidad and Tobago on Thursday and we go through to the next round.

Other than that, it has been a busy day. Work in the morning. Nothing of interest happened. Afterwards, Lorraine headed into town. I headed home. Watched the football. Briefly went into Sutton Coldfield to buy a present for my Brother's birthday on Sunday next week. (I got him a money pot. He asked for one.) Got home, and as Lorraine was nowhere in sight, started dusting. I successfully removed all of the cobwebs that had been accumulating in nearly 5 years in this house, except for all of the ones that Lorraine pointed out when she returned home. Cow!

Lorraine got me presents. She had gone a bit football mental. She got me England boxer shorts and a bottle opener which plays "The Great Escape" when you open a bottle. (She has already bought me an England bath towel, which I used this morning.) She had also bought drink coasters' for the team at work. The coasters' also play "The Great Escape" when you put a drink on them. They are ridiculous and brilliant.

We watched "Doctor Who" , which I liked a lot despite it being a kind of greatest hits of "Aliens", "Event Horizon" and a smidgen of "Spawn" in a compact, convenient package. Then we watched "Shall We Dance" in which Richard Gere and Jennifer Lopez were kind of... gulp!... good.

That is all. Cleaning and tidying up starts in earnest tomorrow.

Comments:
Sounds like a top weekend. Well, apart from the cobwebs thing but you can't have everything.
 
coasters that play "the great escape" when you put a drink on them? Fantastic!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?