Friday, June 02, 2006

 
Lorraine took Moon The Cat to the Vet for his check up. It wasn't good news. The Vet tidied him up, took samples and the readings were off the chart. Lorraine had to tell the Vet that we have not been feeding Moon the diabetic cat food all of the time, because Moon doesn't like it and he won't eat it. Sometimes we trick him, but he gets wise to that pretty quickly.

Moon may not be with us for much longer. Lorraine has got the make the final decision. I cannot. I have looked after Moon for the past 10 years, but he is not my cat. Moon was on the scene before me.

Lorraine was upset tonight. Of course.

I have written about Moon in the past. Most of it has been irritable and nasty and moaning about cat shit, piss, hair, smell and horror, but make no mistake. I love that cat. Lorraine says that I am his Dad and I am.

I gave Moon ham slices tonight. He gobbled them up. He complained when I put the packet in the fridge and glared at me. He has a magnificent glare.

It will be a busy weekend. I have got work tomorrow until lunchtime (same again next week, sadly). Then shopping and then we have a massive birthday dinner to attend with my family. It is my Aunt's birthday tomorrow, Sister 1's on Monday and Sister 2's on Wednesday. We are getting the whole thing out of the way all at once.

I will probably not be posting tomorrow, so have a nice Saturday, all.

Comments:
Poor Moon. Have a good weekend.
 
I'm sorry to hear about Moon's condition. I guess diabetes would explain why he was pissing all over the place. Poor thing.

On another thought, your family sure does seem to have alot of birthdays.
 
Oh no, poor Moon.

You have no doubt seen my scribblings about my cat, so I understand where you're coming from.

Haope your parties go well.
 
Sounds like a fun-packed (?!) weekend, work and family meal. Hasn't Lorraine 'gone off on one' after recent family events? *keeps fingers crossed all is OK*
 
So sorry to hear about Moon... The worst thing about having pets is the inevitable letting go that you have to do at some point. I hope it's not too painful for any concerned.
 
I too am sorry about the cat. That's rough. I have severe cat allergies and thus have never had one, but I have put down two dogs in the past 7 years. Oh man does that suck!! I also gave them anything they wanted to eat or drink when death became immanent. We drank beers with Nitro and got him ice cream in his final hours. Chelsie was baited with hamburger, fried eggs, tuna fish and peanut butter. When she wanted none of it, we knew what had to be done *sniff*. God how I loved those guys!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?