Sunday, June 25, 2006

 
Except for Moon The Cat, I am all alone in the house. Lorraine has gone to stay with her cousin Renee for a week. It was a planned trip. Renee's birthday is on Tuesday, and totally coincidentally, Renee's husband Len is going into hospital for a heart operation on the same day. Lorraine has gone to show her support, be a shoulder to cry on and so on and so forth. If things go OK, Lorraine should be back on Saturday.

It is horrible being in this house on my own. I am aware of every noise, every creak of the floorboards and every groan of the hot water pipes. I have already checked that I have locked the front and back doors and that the gas/water has not been left, on a couple of times. Every sound made by my neighbours, or by somebody passing by outside the house, makes me think that burglars are trying to break it or that somebody is trying to damage the house. It is horrible. It really is a crap way to be. I don't do this when Lorraine is in the house. Ridiculous.

So, I have tried to take my mind off this torture by keeping myself busy.

I went to have my hair cut (the lovely Ashlyn has now left the hairdresser's, so I was seen by a very nice Jennifer Lopez lookalike with a large chest). I went shopping, came home, did hoovering and cleaning and then gardening (front and back). I stopped to watch the football (England 1, Ecuador 0 - say what you like about David Beckham, but that was a killer free kick). Then I went onto the computer to do a cover for my entry into Swiss Toni's CD shuffleathon. Then I made a CD of MP3 versions of the same tracks, just in case the standard CD version will not play on the recipient's equipment. Cooked some bacon sandwiches, ate them, watched "24" and back on here.

I feel quite sick. Better go to bed. Tomorrow I will share some thoughts on Whole Lotta Led, "Thank You For Smoking", "Doctor Who", "The Pacifier" and "Red Eye". Lucky people. You don't have to thank me.

Comments:
Hey thanx 4 commenting. I'm assuming the profile pic isn't you ? Would be sweet to get revenge 4 2 years ago. Not 2 up on portugal team except 4 Figo ( who should have been sent off and Ronaldo) so don't know how key any of the suspended players are. How did you find my blog? Cheers from Frustrated.
 
You're freaking out at beinin in the house alone? I kinda like it when I have the place ot myself for a day or so... Hey-ho.

Hope the heart op goes OK.
 
parnellpr - No, the picture is not me. Well, me on the inside maybe.

I found your blog totally at random using the next blog button.

stef - Ah... The mind is a terrible thing.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?