Thursday, May 04, 2006

 
We have only heard this secondhand, but it appears that Bobby Blue is doing OK. He apparently has gained some mobility, has been holding Lana's hand, reading and doing crossword puzzles. It seems an awfully quick recovery, if I'm honest. Yesterday the impression I got was that his condition was very poor. Perhaps things can change this quickly? I am not an expert. Anyway, it's good news. One of Bobby's very old friends from work will be visiting him on Sunday, so we will know more next week.

We have been to vote. I'm sure that the Green Party will appreciate our efforts.

Did my UK brethren watch the start of the second series of "Lost" on Tuesday? I hope you did. Fantastic stuff. Along with "Rescue Me" it is probably my favourite show on the box. The producers have said that they are not making it up the plot of "Lost" as they go along. I hope so. I hope there is a plan. What do I think is going on? God knows, but I have theories...

*** You might want to skip the next bit if you have not seen the first two episodes of series 2 ***

Is the whole thing a virtual reality simulation? Perhaps all of the characters are just pawns in a computer game? Is everybody actually who they think they are? Perhaps everybody was taken off the plane, implanted with false memories (a la the fine movie "Dark City" ) and dumped onto the Island to see what happens as part of some diabolical experiment? This would explain the apparent spillover of events and coincidences from the real world onto the Island. You know the kind of thing, Hurley's cursed numbers appearing on the hatch, Desmond - a guy Jack met once when jogging - being in the underground bunker, Sawyer meeting Jack's father in a bar. Only some of the events they remember before going to the Island really happened! Sorted. We can all go home now.

*** Spoilers over ***

Of course, our American friends can tell me that I am totally wrong, but I hope they tell me nothing. No spoilers. Please.

Comments:
It only gets better and better! Actually, I was a little disappointed with the first few episodes of the second season, but hang in there because it's worth it. Now I better go watch the episode I taped last night!!!
 
I've never seen Lost or Rescue Me.
 
Pynchon -- you should avoid yahoo and other news sites for a while. Something momentous happened on last night's show in America. Of course, I'm saying this as a non-watcher, because I'm totally lame.
 
Ooh... I have avoided your spoilers as we have the first two episodes recorded and haven't watched them yet. I also fervently hope they aren't just making it up as they go along... but it's still highly entertaining stuff, either way.

I may just have to watch them tonight.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?