Friday, May 19, 2006

 
As the week draws to an end, I have started to make a list of things to do this weekend.

  1. Clean the house. (Need to do that tomorrow. There will not be any time on Sunday.)
  2. Buy new shoes. (All of my shoes have holes in them.)
  3. Put a premium bond in the bank. (I won fifty quid.)
  4. Buy a ticket for Whole Lotta Led at the Carling Academy. (They are a Led Zeppellin tribute band. Oh, shut up! I just fancy it. 23rd June 2006, if anybody is interested.)
  5. Take Lorraine to lunch at Caffe Uno. (A while ago she made me apply for a Caffe Uno card, which gives 15% off the cost of any meal, and she wants to try it out.)
  6. See something at the cinema. (There is lots on that I have not seen, but frankly nothing strikes me as essential viewing. I have no idea what to choose, but I will see something.)
  7. Book a ticket for "The Da Vinci Code" at the Electric Cinema for Wednesday night. (The reviews have been catastrophic, but who cares? It will be a rare midweek night out for us and Lorraine is up for it.)
  8. Watch "Doctor Who". (Essential, obviously.)
  9. Watch "Eurovision Song Contest". (Go Finland! Haven't heard the song, but the Finnish band looks ridiculous. They have my vote.)
  10. Go to the Food/Home show at the NEC on Sunday. (Lorraine's Step-Dad Ian and awful wife Penny are coming up for it. Lorraine has made me clean the bathroom in the event that Penny will want to have a poo before they depart.)
  11. Stuck for a number 11.

Things are mellow at the moment. Lorraine was so tired last night that she had a lie in this morning until the disgraceful hour of 6:10. We chatted. We had a cuddle. I told her that her buttocks were magnificent. She disagreed. Mellow.

True, she hasn't noticed yet that the picture on the fridge magnet has changed...


Comments:
He he. Greece's entry is Anna Vissi, the Greek equivalent of Madonna (about the same age too). I like the British Eurovision attitude, where nobody ever knows who the person representing the UK is.
 
the Finnish song is *ace* - death metal nonsense called "hard rock hallelujah". what the Eurovision is all about...!
 
Have a good weekend and may all your hopes and wishes come true. [I found that in a fortune cookie]
 
Intresting what people are thinking about The Da Vinci Code.

They seem to be going with what the critics say, but think about it...If a critic says they absolutely love the film, wouldn't that mean they'd get hate mail, or get blacklisted by the Chirstian groups (especially in the States)?

Just a thought.
 
Whole Lotta Led sounds great! Tribute bands of that type are great as long as they can play. You need a few beers though to make you think anyone could be any where near as good as Jimmy Page or Bonham!

The Finnish song does have death metal styling but it sounds more like Def Leppard with a sore throat to be honest.
 
Cafe Uno card?

You should get yourself an Invitation Diner's Card. Loads of restaurants and the offer is between 25% and 50% off the bill or BOGOF on food.

We've got the Bristol version and saved £8 on lunch today. We've only had it 2 months and it's already paid for itself several times over. We've also tried some new restaurants which is a bonus.

Looks like Cafe Uno is on the list too. If you buy it through the Birmingham Post offer, it's £10 off the normal fee which is a right bargain
 
fuff - Funnily enough I thought that the performance of the UK entry was pretty good this year.

lb - As I said in my latest post, major pisstake. Excellent. I voted for it.

adem - It wouldn't have been the same without your wishes. Thanks for that.

threelight - That occurred to me as well. Maybe more a chance of that in the USA. I don't know.

stef - I'm a gonna rock! Interesting about the card, as well. I might have a look into that. Thanks mate.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?