Sunday, April 30, 2006

 
Not much to write.

Saturday, Lorraine decided to crash my day. She said that her chores could wait. I didn't mind. We don't do a lot together at the weekends these days, which is something that I would like to change. There was a time when we were joined at the hip at the weekends.

Not that this weekend we did anything particularly interesting. Food shopping, a trip to B & Q to look at plastic sheds and flowers, and then some gardening. We watched "Doctor Who" (Absolutely fantastic. The whole "You can choose to spend your life with me, but I cannot choose to spend my life with you" was quite powerful stuff for a supposed kids series, and did you get tearful when K-9 turned all heroic? You didn't? Your soul is dead!) and then I suffered through "Miss Congeniality 2 - Pile Of Poo" (Lorraine said she liked it, but probably only to annoy me).

Today Lorraine was on a marathon session at the hairdressers, so I cleaned the entire house and went to see "Freedomland" starring the mighty Samuel L. Jackson and Julianne Moore.



One reviewer in the UK said that it was a film that wanted to be "Do The Right Thing", but lacked the touch that somebody like Spike Lee might have given it. I don't know. Maybe. I thought that it was OK and but that some of it was very effective. Julianne Moore, playing a pretty unsympathetic character, truth be told, was fantastic. Samuel L. Jackson was... Er... Samuel L. Jackson (no bad thing in my book, but others might disagree.)

We will be seeing "16 Blocks" tomorrow and then will be off to my Niece's birthday party. I should have been in bed 15 minutes ago. No time. No time.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?