Monday, April 24, 2006

 
I have decided that self pity does not become me, so this is what I have done.
  1. Found a big box. (Quite easy, really. There was a big box in the kitchen that had not been thrown away. It contained all the lovely Italian goodies - wine, biscuits, cake - that Lorraine received from her Cousin for a late birthday present.)
  2. Collect up all the self pity in the house and stuff it into the box. (Nasty stuff, self pity. Yellow, gelatinous, bogeylike, stinky slime. Gets everywhere, upsets Moon the Cat and bites you on the ass when you least expect it.)
  3. Take the big box to the nearest canal. (Sadly as I do not possess a car, or a license come to that, this had to be done on the bus. People stared at the looney talking to the box, although I like to think some of the ladies who looked at me wondered what Brad Pitt was doing on the 23 bus going down Broad Street.)
  4. And Throw the fucking thing in the canal!!!!

Ah.... I feel much better now.

I've been reading about the Take That reunion gig that took place last night. I wish I had tried to get tickets. It looked like fun. I always thought that Take That were a fine singles band. I only mention it because these days I don't seem to bother much about trying to get tickets for special gigs. Such fun. I remember getting up at 4am with Sister 1 to queue for tickets for R.E.M.'s 1995 show at the NEC, which they eventually cancelled when Bill Berry had his brain hemorrhage. I remember queuing for tickets for Frankie Goes To Hollywood at the Birmingham Odeon, Springsteen at the NEC, the Who at Earls Court, the Sex Pistols at Finsbury Park, New Kids On The Block (for my sisters) at the NEC.

I didn't bother to even try to get tickets for one of the George Michael shows. It is probably too late now. The reason? I spoke to Sister 2 (the huge 80's/90's George Michael fan) on Friday about the possibility of getting tickets and she said "I don't really like him that much anymore". So, all of that nastiness with Lorraine could have been avoided. By Sunday I was feeling that sick and tired and fed up that I could not be arsed.

(What's that? Self pity. Stamp the fucker! It's OK. It's gone.)

I need to sleep. I meant what I said yesterday about the blog, though.


Comments:
Good move. Hope you feel ok today.
 
You need a holiday. Come to the South Devon coast and bask in its beauty for a while. It's enough to rejuvenate anyone, and it definitely banishes self pity. Take it from me.
 
Brad Pitt eh?? was that a reference to Se7en?? Hopefully not Lorraine's head in the box.
 
http://www.seetickets.com/see/price.asp?code=190575&userid=44461998&filler1=see

if you want to go to London...
 
The GM tickets seem to be for "singles only"?!

Does that mean people who are married or in relationships can't go? Man, I knew George was pretty desperate but that's taking the piss! ;-)
 
fuff - Yes, feeling much better today.

skywolf - I once went to Devon and it was shut. Perhaps things have changed. We do need a holiday, I would agree with that.

adem - Might have been... (Actually wasn't, but I will take any misunderstanding that makes me seem more intelligent.)

mark - Thanks for the heads up. I'll consider my options.

stef - Singles only? Not good. Not good at all.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?