Thursday, April 27, 2006

 
Good lord! My good lady emailed me a link to an amusing website. Why didn't anybody tell me that Lorraine has a sense of humour?

Anyway, for anybody who has had to suffer a manager with a taste in inspiration posters, here it is and enjoy. I did.

In other news, there isn't any. It's been very quiet.

Lorraine turned up last night at 9:30pm. She was shattered. She had left the house at 7am and had been at a customer's until late in the evening. I wouldn't mind so much, she likes the work, but the Company and/or the customer will not appreciate her efforts and they will only expect this from her all of the time.

Today I found out that my friend Alan Byron, who works on product B, has got the job that he applied for in the Training department. I am happy for him. He deserves the break as he is one of the good guys. Very hard working, funny, self depreciating and solid. Certainly not a prima donna like me. I hope that he makes a big success of himself. The Product B team will be lacking when he has gone.

Alan started working for the Company in February 2001, exactly one month before I started. From the start we always got on well, but in all honesty I wouldn't have claimed to have been a really good friend of his. In October of that year, when Lorraine and I moved into this house, Alan offered to help us move given the time constraint that he could only manage a couple of hours on the Saturday morning. I never expected him to turn up, but he was the only one from work that did. He was solid and helpful on a very stressful day. (It was torrential rain in Birmingham on October 6th 2001. That date is burnt onto my psyche.) We have never forgotten that casual act of kindness. We feel that we have owed him ever since.

I once groped Belinda Byron's (Alan's wife's) tits at an office party. It was an accident (No, really!) but they did feel nice. Maybe I will tell that story one day.

Comments:
Whenever you talk about "the Company" I always think of the Alien films. true.
 
Hey,
The funny thing about how I came to read 'the curious incident...' is that I bought it at the thrift store because the title was intriguing (and I read the jacket enough to know it was about an autistic kid). So I read it, loved it, then saw huge stacks of them for sale at Target, I had no idea it was a new and popular book.
I absolutely loved it, and if you loved Algernon, you will love it too, it's different, but has a few similar elements.
 
I liked that motivational site you linked to. Now that's my kind of motivation! Which also is probably why my next job will be a fry cook at McDonalds. There's no shame in grease you know, only zits.
 
Tell us about the boobies!
 
adem - They might well become the "the Company" from the "Alien" films. Deceitful, arrogant, stupid...

pepsiqueen! - It's on my list.

daisy mae - I once nearly purchased a T-shirt that read, "If I'd wanted fucking fries I would have asked for them", but that would have been rude, wouldn't it?

stef - No. Er... Maybe. Ask me again sometime.
 
Hey, my girlfriend Heather (linked on my blog) told me about a t-shirt for sale at banterist.com I think, it reads:

NOBODY READS YOUR WEB LOG!!!

I like it, even if the truth hurts.
Hey and if you feel like it, go to Heather's blog and wish her a happy 5th anniverssary (i was in the wedding).
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?