Saturday, March 18, 2006

 
Yesterday was St. Paddy's day. I hope everyone who chose to participate had a nice one. I chose not to participate.

I was supposed to go to a Company pub quiz night (I used to love pub quizzes, but hadn't been to any in years). At the last minute told everybody, including Lorraine, that I could "not be arsed". I went home instead. Lorraine was pissed at me. If I wasn't going, neither was she.

Before I went home Orville Turd asked me why I had changed my mind. I told him that after recent dealings with Technical Support, why would I want to socialize with any of the motherfuckers, especially Terry Pig and Salvo Crumb. He understood exactly how I felt as earlier this week our section held quick poll to ascertain the one person in the company that we would like to punch in the face, given the choice. Terry Pig was the outright winner and Salvo Crumb was second. Nobody else figured in that poll to any significant extent.

Terry Pig has never liked me. 6 years ago I had an interview at the Company for a different job (actually the one that Lorraine got). Terry Pig was sitting in on that interview. I was turned down. I was not too bothered. Lorraine was way more suitable a candidate than me. Later that year, same thing. I was interviewed for a different job, Terry Pig sat in on the interview, I was turned down. This time I was very annoyed because I was perfect for that job and I thought that the interview went very well. A year later I got into the Company by the backdoor as the Company needed somebody quickly, Lorraine recommended me to her manager, I saw him informally and was given a temporary contract straight away. It later turned into a full time position.

Terry Pig has been politely cold to me ever since. I don't like him. He is a cunt. It's a shame, really, because he is a very smart man and I have a lot of respect for his Technical knowledge. He disappoints the hell out of me because he has aligned himself with idiots and arselickers and yes men. The kind of people who get somewhere because they go to the pub with you and laugh at your jokes. He doesn't like people who politely (and I am very polite when I want to me) stand up to him and tell him that he is wrong. Despicable. Loathsome. Vile.

That aside, in the cold light of day, I regret not going out last night. I think it would have been a good night. Let's be blunt. I was a pussy to let my annoyance of a couple of individuals prevent me from going somewhere and showing off my indepth knowledge of trivia and drivel. (God, I am modest tonight, aren't I?)

Staying home wasn't bad. I cooked Chilli and Rice, we tidied up for the Ian and Penny visit, we watched "Hustle" (fantastic) and "My Name Is Earl" (fantastic).

It was a good day today. I cleaned the bathroom. Ian and Penny arrived. I entertained them while Lorraine was at the dentist. Lorraine arrived. We went into town. Penny is very picky about her food (doesn't eat Chinese, Italian or Indian) so we ate at Caffe Uno. It's ostensibly Italian, but they do some very nice steaks and was suitable enough. After that we spent hours in Selfridges and ended up at The White Company franchise, where Lorraine, Ian and Penny ooohhd and aaaahd over pillowcases and bedsheets. Boring as hell.

In Selfridges I did see a piece of art that I would very much like to buy. It was a picture of the Beatles taken at the Our World event in 1967, where they premiered the song "All You Need Is Love". A snip at 55 quid. Seriously. Lorraine has forbade me from even thinking about buying it.

Actually, the below is a picture taken at the same session. It will give you a good idea what it looks like.



Didn't they look great. Yes?

More seriously, this evening we watched in horror as a 9 year old boy won "Kids Stars In Their Eyes" doing an impersonation of George Formby. It was a disgrace. The 15 year old who did Gary Jules should have won. Or the 10 year old doing Noddy Holder.

Comments:
Yes?
Yes.
Buy it anyway :-)
 
You watched Kids Stars In Their Eyes? Eep!

What are Lorraine's reasons for banning you from having that Beatles pic?
 
Yes.
Yes.
I want it. I'm going to buy it. (You can talk me into anything, Hen.)

I did watch "Kids Stars In Their Eyes". I wish I hadn't.

Lorraine's reasons? I don't need it. I don't want it. It will cost too much money. What am I going to do with it? Blah, blah, blah, blah.

It's a limited edition picture. Selfridges have number 1 of 250.

I want it. I want it.
 
clueless hippies. grrrrrowl.
 
Ah, Mark. You're such a heathen, but I love you anyway.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?