Sunday, March 19, 2006

 
Very quick post before "24" and "Rescue Me" .

It seems that today I have been constantly on the go. I don't know where the day has gone.
  1. Up to early. (I didn't get to bed until nearly 2am.) I thought it was 9am. It was actually 8am. You know how it goes. When you're up, you're up. There was no going back to bed.
  2. Had a bacon sandwich. It was fucking wonderful!
  3. With Lorraine, watched a bit of a dreadful film called "Mannequin". It starred a pre "Sex In The City" Kim Cattrall and Andrew McCarthy, an actor who never really became the star he threatened to be after "Pretty In Pink". Horrible 80's clothes, hair, soundtrack, etc.
  4. Lorraine and I went into town and shopped for food. It took hours... (It's never a good idea to shop with Lorraine. I go to a shop, walk around, pick food and buy. Lorraine does aisles several times. She looks at best-by dates, plans menus, works out combinations. Absolute tosh. I am right. She is wrong.)
  5. Back to the house. Nothing on the TV so we watched "American Idol" . I don't think that I have ever watched it before. It was the Stevie Wonder night. The guy who looked a bit like Jay Leno sang "Living In The City" (a genius song) and was terrific, but somebody should tell him not to dance because he can't. A young geek sang "Part Time Lover". He was mostly in tune. I liked him.
  6. Missed the end of "American Idol" (who got kicked off?) as I had to have my hair cut. The lovely Ashlyn was occupied so Gay George did me. He has a lovely touch, but I now look like a thug. I glared at old ladies as I waited for the bus to show how hard I am.
  7. Went to Tesco and bought peanuts and seeds for the wild birdies.
  8. I went to see my Mom. Good visit this time. No Mad Aunt Delilah. My Brother has asked me if I want to go to Blackpool on Good Friday for a "Boys Rampage" (his phrase). I don't know. The idea kind of scares me. I have seen my Brother on a rampage. When I mentioned this to Lorraine she gave me a Margaret Thatcher stare, which I think means that she is not too keen on the idea either.
  9. Back home. We had fish and peas and potatoes. It was great. I cooked. Obviously.
  10. No film at the cinema this weekend. It's fine. I will make up for it next week.

This is my 100th post of this incarnation. There have been times when I thought I would never make it. To celebrate, here is a picture of Kate Winslet. (Any excuse, and all that...)


Comments:
"bought peanuts and seeds for the wild birdies" Aaahhh, I always knew you were a softie deep down ;)
 
She does have *fantastic* breasts, doesn't she?
 
Ginny - I always thought it was pretty obvious that I am a softie, and not even deep down.

Lord Bargain - I didn't notice them. I love her for her mind. ;-)
 
Melissa was kicked off Idol. Oh, and you should root for Chris Daughtry (the baldie). He grew up near where I live. Yeah, I know I'm pathetic!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?