Friday, March 10, 2006

 
The plot thickens.

My friend Danielle Frank, who works in another department in the Company, has a spy inside the Opposition. She told me today that it is common knowledge within the Opposition that they are about to sell one of their loss making divisions to the Company. This is interesting. I would have thought that it would have been the opposite way around. The Opposition group are a much bigger company than the us and announced profits during the last financial year that dwarfed what we did.

A bit of hilarity arising from this will be that a number of ex-employees of the Company have gone to work for the Opposition and a number of ex-customers have replaced Company computer systems with Opposition computer systems. Poor bastards. I bet they thought they had seen the last of us.

I ran into Vicky Sunshine in the corridor. I had the expected thump in my chest, but we stopped and talked for a while. She has not got a start date yet for her new job. The company she is moving to has a number of Government contracts, so even though she has been offered the job, she is being formally vetted. She doesn't expect it to be a problem. She asked me I was OK. I said that I was, and then she said, "You will keep in touch, won't you John?"

The rest of the day was awful. I was in self destruct mode. I ate crap all day and I felt like shit. Greasy fish & chips, three bars of chocolate, two cans of fizzy tooth rotting coke shit, too much coffee. I argued with Lorraine in front of everybody in the office and totally undermined her. I ranted and I raved. I told everybody who wanted to hear exactly what I thought of the Technical Support section. I was surprised that I was not sent home. (Perhaps I wanted to be sent home?) I was a cunt and a wanker.

Lorraine was out of the office during the afternoon, as she had to go on a customer visit. She still got home before me. When I arrived, she met me at the door and gave me a kiss and then a cuddle. She asked me if I was OK. What do I tell her? That every day at the Company shreds me a little more?

What a fucking drama queen! I know what I'll do. Tomorrow I will go throw myself into the canal!

No, I won't.

We had a nice evening. Tonight had the start of the new series of "Hustle".



The pre-broadcast reviews have been a bit sniffy. They say that it is not as good as it used to be, that it is way too self knowing ironic, that American money has ruined it (apparently a deal has been stuck with an American TV company for some kind of funding in exchange to the foreign broadcast rights), that there are too many high profile guest stars in this series (Richard Chamberlain is one - I don't know if he is considered high profile these days). I liked it. Very clever. Very funny and included a wicked piss take of the whole British gangsta rap wannabe scene.

I have to go to the dentist tomorrow for a checkup. Joy. Actually, it's not that bad. Other than a scale and a polish I have not had to have any dental treatment whatsoever since about 1984. I am a lucky boy.

Comments:
That was good of Loraine to greet you with a kiss and a cuddle.

I get in those sorts of moods sometimes and it's really big of somoeone to ignore what you said to them and see that the problem is deeper.

Thought about getting a job with the Opposition? ;-)
 
Government vetting? That reminds me, my security clearance runs out soon.
 
I thought "Hustle" was ace. Sod the reviews. It's slick, funny and wholly preposterous. Everything you need in a TV show.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?