Monday, March 20, 2006

 
Lorraine didn't get the managers job. Nobody has. They are going to reorganise. What Lorraine is getting is more responsibility, more training (things like appraisals, etc.) and a place at the table in the weekly manager's meeting. No more money, though.

Eh?

No, I don't understand it either. Is she a manager or isn't she? I suppose I should be happy (if she became the recognised manager I would never see her), but I'm not happy because she has worked and strived and grafted for the job. She wants it and she deserves it.

I think that the Company has serious money issues. This evening I offered to hang around for half an hour to cover a shift that somebody had not turned up for. I wanted to be paid for it, though, and they turned me down.

I'm off to load more songs into my MP3 player. I think tonight's choice might be all of the recorded output by the band Tomorrow. They were good.

Comments:
Hi Pynchon,
Thanks for stopping in at my blog, and for calling me SEXY.
I'll be blogging a ton this week I think as I am in a hotel room many many miles from home : (
 
So Lorraine gets more work, more grief but no more money? That's bollocks I'd tell 'em to stuff it!

Mind you, I've changed jobs every two years for a while now to guarantee a promotion and pay rise. Promotion within a company is a slippery bastard to chase; they'll pay out to recruit when they have to but they won't pay to retain or reward the people already in place who work their balls off and who know the business. Crazy!
 
People will talk...

Lorraine is seeing it as an opportunity and a step up for the future. Maybe it is. Perhaps I'm too cynical.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?