Sunday, March 26, 2006

 
Let's get the self pity bit out of the way first.

Stef, thanks for the kind words and Adem, sorry, but no. I am feeling totally like shit. The sore throat and feeling-a-bit-hot has turned into having a really sore throat, feeling very hot and also have a running nose, loss of breath and a big boil on my face (probably something to do with overdosing on strepsils, the throat sweet of choice around residence el Pynchon). Add to that the huge power cut that left 3000 homes, including mine, without power for something like 15 hours from Saturday afternoon until the early hours of Sunday morning (there are still some poor bastards who still have not got their electricity back). The power cut scuppered the Saturday night out that Lorraine and I were going to have (more about that later). And my right foot still hurts me.

You could say that I have been feeling a little bit sorry for myself. End of self pity bit.

I am still feeling awful. I will write things up properly tomorrow. Now I just want to go to bed, but first a quick summary. I'll elaborate in more detail later. Since Friday
  1. I have purchased Lorraine some bling. (Nice.)
  2. We saw "V For Vendetta". (Good.)
  3. We ate at Milano Italian Restaurant. (Good.)
  4. I saw "Romance & Cigarettes". (Rubbish.)
  5. I saw the stage adaptation of "Get Carter" at the MAC. (Good.)
  6. We had a Mother's Day with my Mom and my folks at the Dragon Barbecue at Five Ways. (Rubbish.)
  7. We saw "Inside Man". (Good.)

I'm gone.


Comments:
Gosh, so it's not just Third World countries like mine that have power failures. But I'll bet our power cuts are bigger than yours! ;-)
 
No power? That sucks!

Hope you're well enough to a) not feel like crap and b) blog about V etc.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?