Thursday, March 16, 2006

 
I've been around the world (not literally) and now I'm back.

Last night I discovered the random shuffle option on my MP3 player. With credit to the main man Swiss Toni who has been doing this kind of thing and inviting comments for yonks, here are the first 10 tracks that appeared.
  1. "Lady Friend" by the Byrds (from "Younger Than Yesterday")
  2. "Not Fade Away" by the Rolling Stones (from "Forty Licks")
  3. "Got To Get You Into My Life" by the Beatles (from "Revolver")
  4. "Someone's Coming" by the Who (from "The Who Sell Out")
  5. "Funny Funny" by the Sweet (from "Sweet Hits")
  6. "Texarkana" by REM (from "Out Of Time")
  7. "Revolution" by the Cosmic Rough Riders (from "Enjoy The Melodic Sunshine")
  8. "Life Is White" by Big Star (from "Radio City")
  9. "A Certain Romance" by the Arctic Monkeys (from "Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not")
  10. "(Theme From) The Monkees (Previously Unissued Early Version)" by the Monkees (from "The Monkees")

I have no idea what that list says about me. Actually, I do. It says, "Buy some new music, John".

In other news, I have finally finished reading "The Bad And The Beautiful" by Sam Kashner and Jennifer Mcnair. It's full of gossip and stories about Hollywood in the 50's and is very tabloidly, but is no less interesting for that. Next book? I have been ordered by Lorraine to read "Harry Potter And The Philosopher's Stone". I don't mind. I have already read a page and a half. It's a good page and half, I must confess. I hope that this book will not take 3 months to read.

What else?

Work is shit.

Also, Lorraine's stepdad Ian and dreaded missus Penny will be visiting on Saturday, ostensibly to deliver Lorraine's birthday present. Lorraine will be at the dentist first thing in the morning, so it will be up to me to entertain them until she returns to save me. Perhaps I'll sing to them.


Comments:
Wouldn't your choice in music demonstrate you have good taste? And it also means you have a wide range of musical likes, rather than follow whatever tune is "in".

Relax. That's what MP3 players are here for!
 
Cheers mate. A man of taste and distinction.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?