Wednesday, March 08, 2006

 
I have been catching up with my reading. Everybody seems to be having a much more interesting time than me. I also found out that I had failed to win Suburban Hen's Bingo game. Obviously there has been a mistake. Doesn't she know who I am?

Back to work today after four nice days off. Work was incredibly frustrating, depressing, boring and annoying. Two minutes after arriving at my desk I got into a heated discussion with Orville Turd about Technical Support, their overwhelming shiteness and the lack of respect that they show to everybody who is not part of their clique, most specifically me. Orville nodded, he sympathised, he made cooing noises, he said that he would look into it. He will do nothing. Fuck it.

During the afternoon we had a team meeting in which somebody asked Orville Turd what the CEO of the Opposition was doing nosing the office on Friday. Orville Turd said, and I quote

"He is a golfing buddy of Bill Smug (the MD). They were on the golf course and got talking about business development and it got into a 'My dick is bigger than your dick' discussion. Smug decided to invite him over and show him how much bigger his dick was. As far as I know that's all there is to it and there are no plans for the Opposition to buy us out or vice versa."

Could be true, I suppose. What do you think?

(Ducks to avoid flying pigs.)

When pissed off and depressed I spend money and lose myself in entertainment. Probably not good. Over the last couple of days I have

  1. Purchased a ticket to see the Cosmic Rough Riders at the Carling Academy Birmingham on April 5th. (I saw them a couple of years ago when they were a 5 piece headed by Daniel Wylie. Now they are a 3 piece headed by Stephen Fleming. I have no idea what to expect.)
  2. Purchased a ticket to see The Streets at the Carling Academy Birmingham on May 7th. (I saw them a year or two back. Funniest gig - in a good way - I have been to in years.)
  3. Purchased the mighty fine Australian movie "Somersault" on DVD. (Brilliant drama. It totally knocked me out. Recommended. See it. You have been told. I wouldn't steer you wrong.)
  4. Purchased the 1970's Science Fiction series "Timeslip" on DVD. (Practically forgotten these days, but it was brilliant. It was made by the adult drama department of ITV, but shown in the teatime kids slot due to scheduling conflicts. Time travel, alternate futures, clones, conspiracies. Don't go into the field!)

Yeah.


Comments:
Youe not the only one who didn't win the Bingo but still was a bit of fun for five minutes.

I just could imagine the Hen doing the Bingo calling in Brisbane Valley Bingo Hall to all the old ladies.
 
I know who you are. You are a Very Important Man.
 
This is the first time in 2 weeks that I have been able to post on your blog. Frankly I think my graphics card is going.

I liked Weather Man by the way. I love a good dark comedy.
 
"Could be true, I suppose. What do you think?"
Bollocks

Seeing The Streets eh? Should be a good gig. Unfortunately they don't seem to be playing down my way :-(
 
I'm not sure I'd be all that chuffed if the MD of our main opposition (or my company for that matter) wandered around my office with their dick out.

Just a thought.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?