Sunday, March 05, 2006

 
Gulp.

OK. If you insist, I won't stop then...

There is some catching up to do, but last things first. In 40 minutes or so the Oscar coverage starts on Sky Movies. There is just time for a few predictions for the main awards. Ready? Here we go.

Film - "Brokeback Mountain"
Director - Ang Lee for "Brokeback Mountain"
Actor - Philip Seymour Hoffman for "Capote"
Actress - Felicity Huffman for "Transamerica"
Supporting Actor - George Clooney for "Syriana"
Supporting Actress - Rachel Weisz (Oh, Yes!) for "The Constant Gardener"
Original Screenplay - Paul Haggis & Robert Moresco for "Crash"
Adapted Screenplay - Jeffery Caine for "The Constant Gardener"

The only thing I am sure about is how unsure I am about any of the above predictions. As they used to say in that fine series "Stingray", "Anything can happen in the next half hour".

It's been a fraught week, but as I am off work for the next two days I will go into more details then.

For everybody who was worried about me, I am fine. Things are good. It's been a fine weekend. We went to London, but more about that later.

And at least Bonnie Langford did not win "Dancing On Ice". Hurrah!

Comments:
We watched "The Constant Gardener" last night. Peter and I both really enjoyed it. A very good film!
 
Not bad on the predictions mate. 4 out of 8 isn't bad.

I'm glad Rachel Weisz got one. If she hadn't I'd have happily given her one :-)

Not seen Crash or Constant Gardner yet, didn't really fancy Crash and just kept missing CG at the cinema. Must try harder!

Glad Brokeback didn't get the best film though. It was good but not a 'best film' although I'm glad Ang Lee won because he seems able to direct any kind of movie.
 
Bet you're happy that Rachel Weisz got the Oscar!!!

She looked great.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?