Wednesday, February 08, 2006

 
Things that drive Pynchon mad. Number 576.

Copy controlled CD's. I wanted to copy Goldfrapp's album "Supernature" onto my MP3 player. Could I do it? No. It is copy controlled. Wankers.

Things that drive Pynchon mad. Number 577.

Spoilers on TV programmes. The new series of "24" starts in the UK on Sunday. I admit that I have heard vague whispers about the plot, nothing more and nothing less. I don't really want to know. The only thing that I have shared with the anybody is the return at some point of fulsome, gorgeous, bouncy Elisha Cuthbert as Kim Bauer, and you could have picked that up anywhere. I bought a copy of TV Guide today. I turned to Sunday night and there is a big fuck off spoiler of something that is going to happen in episode 1. There is an even bigger spoiler on the entry for Monday night (the repeat of Sunday night's episode). Wankers.

Things that drive Pynchon mad. Number 578.

Lack of sex. Wankers. (Or is that just wanker?)

Comments:
what's your email? I'll send you the MP3's.
 
The US is only up to episode 6, but if there's anything you want to know...?
 
I might have changed the order of the things that drive yu mad. Or is thta just the things that drive me mad?
 
"the return at some point of fulsome, gorgeous, bouncy Elisha Cuthbert as Kim Bauer, and you could have picked that up anywhere"
You must be going to more intereting places than me, I've completely failed to pick her up everywhere I've been! ;-)

As for your copy protected CD issue, get yourself a copy of AnyDVD. You can download a 30 day trial for free but it's only a few dollars for the licenced copy and it's well worth it, I've not found a CD or DVD I've not been able to rip yet. It's really quite clever as it bypasses the firmware and OS layers between the media and your player therefore bypassing all encryption.

Sorted!
 
Run, Kim, Run (copyright: Threelight)
 
Mark - I have sent you an email.

Lithaborn - If you tell me anything I will have no choice but to hunt you down and kill you.

Daisy - One day I will write up the other 575.

Stef - Thanks for the heads up.

Threelight - Oh, yes. And preferably in a tight top.
 
i'll email mp3's tommorow sir!
 
A good way to email MP3s and such like without clogging up people's inboxes is using YouSendIt.com.

Basically you load up the files (up to 1GB in size!) and the address of your intended recipient. They get emailed a link to the file that they can download.
 
I've found by rip tracks in Ahead Nero and renaming them gets around this copy protection bullshit.

I've made a seperate directory in My Documents and change the settings in Ahead Nero to store the ripped tracks in that directory.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?