Wednesday, January 25, 2006

 
Words don't come easy. That was from a song ("Words" by F R David - it was crap, but my Mom liked it) and it seems to be true at the moment. Sometimes you can just run out of things to write. Maybe I need to have a break from writing.

Let's see.

Just before I left the house this morning (I had my coat on), Moon The Cat decided to have a shit. It was large and it was juicy and it was alive. I looked at the poo and the poo winked at me. Moon sneered. I thought about leaving said poo until the evening, but that would not have been right, and Moon would probably just have shit in the hallway to teach me a lesson. So, still wearing coat, I emptied Moon's litter tray. I only just made the bus.

It's a good analogy for the life of a Support Analyst in the Company. We clean up the messes made by other people. I sent out some software last week which I had been assured had been tested by the programmers and signed off. (I did not and could not test it myself. No time, etc.) Today we found major problems on all of the sites to which it had been sent. There were emails flying. What was I going to do about it? My reply? Nothing. Ask a fucking programmer and I stood my ground. I think that they hate me, that I am difficult, but I don't care.

I also found out today that a girl in the office, who I will not even dignify with an amusing name; a lazy, stupid, ignorant, useless cocksucker (literally) of a girl, managed to prise a five grand pay rise out of the company in the middle of last year and got it backdated to January 2005. How? She is a drinking buddy of the department manager James Cunt and is being groomed for a managers job. Apparently her current line manager is trying to find ways to demote her. He won't succeed.

I have never felt so disillusioned.

I forgot to say that I watched "Layer Cake" last night and got completely confused as to what was going on about half an hour in. I will have to watch it again. Lorraine didn't see it last night (she was in bed by 9pm) so she is game to watch it sometime.

Enough writing. Yeah. There are some good writers on these blogs. Go and have a look at them. I'm done.

Comments:
"tested by the programmers"
That's, as you know, the root of your problem. Nothing wrong with programmers, some of my best friends are programmers, but testing should never be done by those who wrote it.

As a previous company they had a testing department (3 blokes called Dave) who they let go in a round of redundancies. Our software went to shit in such a dramatic way the rest of the department got laid off a few years later due to a terrible record of implementations...

As for Useless Cocksucker, that sounds about right. It's always the biggest tossers who get groomed for management, it seems to be a prerequisite.
 
It really cuts in the deepest part of your being when a stupid fuck of a person does well for themselves because they suck someones cock. It's those people that I daydream about stabbing with pitchforks, etc. I am terribly violent and one wonders how I have managed to make it this far through my life without a restraining order.
 
When the meriotcracy finally arrives they'll be the first against the wall.

When will that day come? Please tell me!

 
I meant 'meritocracy' of course... D'oh!
 
I aw Layer Cake. Greg loved it but I thought it was a bit boring. There were too many confusing things going on. The ending was cool though.
 
Bloody hell! Can I not type today? I meant I "SAW" Layer Cake. Bloody hell, must be Friday.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?