Monday, January 02, 2006

 
So, how has your New Year been so far? Is everything still feeling new? Are you busy, happy, full of energy and life? Is the diet working? Have you been confronted with a Burger King/McDonalds/Taco Bell on the High Street, raised your hand and declared "No! I shall not eat crap!" Does everything seem brighter and more energetic? Is everything full of possibilities? Have you seized those possibilities?

You haven't? Me neither.

Yesterday, in between making sarcastic asides to Lorraine on various subjects (Sex, women who will wear sexy underwear for their men, people who are young but act old, money wasted on gym memberships, the pointlessness of trying to make a change at a Shithole-Of-A-Company, etc.), I spent in front of the TV watching bad TV movies. During the afternoon we watched the DVD of "Batman Begins" (which I love) and in the evening we watched "I, Robot" (which I also love, despite the fact that in tone and execution the film is a million miles away from Asimov's original stories and really only shares a few character names and concepts in common) and then "Mad Max 2" (a classic.)

Sometime during the evening (in the middle of "Mad Max 2" - hiss, boo) Mark sent me a text message wishing me a Happy New Year. Surprised the hell out of me as I had no idea he still had my mobile phone number. Surprised the hell out of Lorraine as well. She had just turned on the phone for the first time in days and was playing a game of snake or something. I did reply Mark. I don't know if you got it. Happy New Year, mate.

Other highlights? There weren't any. Oh, yes. We picked at leftover food all day. No energy. No life. No enthusiasm. New Year Blues. It's real, man.

Today was better. We got our asses out of bed and out of the house and walked down to the Fort shopping centre to have a look around. We bought some food, despite my argument that we have enough food in the freezer to last us until next September. In the afternoon Lorraine got on the modem to do some work (!) and I went into town. I spent my Debenhams vouchers on a very cool Ben Sherman shirt, which I have decided I will wear when fluttering my eyelashes at Alison Goldfrapp next month from the front row of the Birmingham Carling Academy. Later this evening we might watch "Rebus" and I might watch Mick Jagger and James Fox in "Performance", which is a great film that I have not seen in years.

Lorraine has ordered me to go to the cinema tomorrow. She says that I am having cinema withdrawal symptoms and am like a bear with a sore head. Obviously I have no idea what she is talking about.

Comments:
ALLO! Thanks for the comment, I just put up a sweet picture. Wooo.
 
I hate resolutions, and hate people who suddenly change their lives for a week or two and then go back to their old habits. Why bother? They're just annoying the rest of us. I started going back to the gym more regularly about 6 weeks ago, and was just getting into the routine of it, and then yesterday tried to go and it was mobbed? I had to wait for everything and it took me so much longer! Where were all those people on Saturday? Can they go back to wherever that was, soon?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?