Wednesday, January 25, 2006

 
In the end we never did go to see "A Cock And Bull Story". When she got in from work Lorraine was tired (she had been up since 5am), hungry (she only had a cold sandwich at lunchtime as the hot food on offer in the canteen was "Shite" - her word) and cold (minus 3 or 4 in Brum last night). Lorraine looked at me like I was going to shout at her because she had changed our plans. I didn't. Am I that big a monster? I hope not. It's only a film, and there's always the weekend.

So... We ordered Chinese takeaway to save having to cook and then settled down in front of the TV for hours. (That's a surprise, Pynch. You never watch TV. Oh, fuck off, says Pynch. What else were we going to do?) First up was the end of series 3 of "Alias" (what are you up to, Jack Bristow?) and then "Life On Mars", which featured some classic Sweeney style cars driving down alleyways, knocking over cardboard boxes, etc. I suspect that "Life On Mars" isn't going anywhere, but it is enjoyable.

That was our night. Good, eh?

I need to see what everybody is up to, but it won't be tonight.

Comments:
Ha, making fun of yourself for watching too much tv? There isn't much on that I like and with the two young dogs two young kids and a full time job (outside of the home) I don't get around to it much. I do LOVE the OFFICE though. I would imagine you would like it as well, only I don't know if you guys have a different version there or same as us.
 
I'm assuming that you get the Steve Carrell version of "The Office". They have shown that over here (on BBC3), but I only ever saw one episode. It seemed OK, but I did not have the inclination to ever watch it again.

Now the Ricky Gervais original... Total classic, especially the two Christmas specials. Just brilliant. In 20 years they will still be repeating them, like "Faulty Towers".

See, you got me going now. Bloody TV. It's taken over my life.
 
If you like the American version of the Office, see the British one (with Ricky)
You'll either wet yourself laughing (beause it is much funnier) or you just won't get it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?