Wednesday, January 04, 2006

 
I have been writing a letter. Yes, I know. Snail mail. A real, honest-to-God letter. A letter to be printed on paper, put into an envelope, a stamp affixed to the envelope and then posted in a post box. A letter. How quaint...

I don't remember the last time I wrote a letter as opposed to an email. Actually I do. It was a covering letter to the builder who fixed the valley on our roof, thanking him for his efforts and containing payment for said work completed. (He did a good job and I think that a good job needs to be recognised.)

There is a point to this.

The letter this evening was written to a lady who used to be my boss for 3 years in the early 90's. When she moved on from that Company, and I got her job, we corresponded for nearly 10 years. I liked her a great deal, but as these things often happen, gradually the letters became less and less and eventually stopped. This Christmas she sent me a card via my Mom. She was exactly the same. Rude and funny.

The lady does not do computers. No email address, so snail mail it was.

I was not going to blog much tonight, because the letter took a while to write, but the story of why I had to write the letter has taken care of the 'not goint to blog much' problem, hasn't it?

(I really do need to try to write a little better. The above was all self indulgent shit, and about nothing at all, wasn't it?)

Back tomorrow. "Lost" is on in 9 minutes.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?