Saturday, December 31, 2005

 
Well, Stef. Touch wood, there have been no arguments this evening. I feel kind of cheated. It is a tradition that Lorraine and myself argue on New Years Eve. What on earth is the world coming to? Are we, God forbid, getting used to each other?

It has been a good, if unradical day.

Woke up after 9am to a hungry Moon The Cat bouncing around the bedroom. Offered Lorraine sexual favours if she would get up to feed him. Lorraine declined. Went downstairs. Fed Moon The Cat. Watched kids TV for an hour or so. Washed. Dressed. We went into town and bought some last minute food items. Went to see a film ("Just Like Heaven", a romantic comedy starring Reese Witherspoon and Mark Ruffalo. The film was totally obvious and almost boringly entertaining. I am not at all sure that I like Reese Witherspoon very much, but I think that Mark Ruffalo is a brilliant actor who just needs a killer part to become a huge star. Did you know that he was lined up to play Mel Gibson's brother in "Signs", but had to pull out when he was diagnosed with a brain tumor? You did know that? I'll shut up then.) Went to see my Mom. My Mom's house was very loud. Everybody was there. Left after half an hour and went home.

It is New Years Eve. I am supposed to write something meaningful and philosophical, but I cannot be bothered with that. Instead... Here is a list of my favourite 10 films of the year, in no particular order.
  1. Primer
  2. Where The Truth Lies
  3. Batman Begins
  4. March Of The Penguins
  5. The Constant Gardener
  6. The Descent
  7. Million Dollar Baby
  8. Crash
  9. Sin City
  10. Sideways

I am not sure what, if anything, that list says about me.

New Years resolutions. Nothing too surprising. Lose some weight (I am currently 12 stone 3 pounds, I think getting down to 11 stone 3 pounds would be nice), get a new job, listen to more new music (I think I bought or was given about 6 cd's this year and 2 of them have never been played), read more books, catch up on what everybody else is up to on their blogs (reading and commenting has slipped a bit recently) and, finally, to shag Abi Titmuss, Kate Winslet and Rachel Weisz. Pushing it a bit, perhaps?

I need to thank some people. Mark, Graham , LB and Swiss Toni. Isolation is great, but there is nothing better than staring somebody in the eye for getting the real feel of a person.

Daisy Mae , Ginny and Suburban Hen for (blunt in some cases) private advice given on the troubles between myself and Lorraine, that plagued us earlier this year. Much appreciated, ladies. Really.

I won't wish you a peaceful New Year, because some of you might want the bright lights, the noise and the fury, but I will wish you good times, all of the time, in 2006.

Yours. Pynchon. Signing off.



Rock 'n' Roll, baby!

Comments:
i was here.
 
i'm still here.
 
i haven't left yet.
 
hm.
 
Happy New Year!

I have to agree with most of your movie list. Although I would put Million Dollar Baby closer to the top and Sin City too. I loved those movies. The only movie I didn't like on your list was Sideways. I guess I just wasn't in the mood or maybe it was because I had just visited Wine country and found it to be boring. Who knows.

I saw that film Just Like Heaven as well and definately agree. Too predictable. You knew from the beginning what was going to happen.

Here's to a better 2006 with more sex for all of us! Woo Hoo!!!!
 
Happy New Year to you and Lorraine!!!
 
Happy New Year! I hope you meet all (or almost all) of your resolutions. All the best to you and Lorraine!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?