Monday, December 05, 2005

 
This has been my exciting day.
  1. I went to work with Lorraine. Being a mad cow she decided last night that she wanted to get into work for 7am to "show willing". Obviously ridiculous, so I chose not to wake her and she ended up at work just after 9am with me. She was mightily pissed.
  2. At work I nearly fell asleep due to the banality and tedium of it all.
  3. Lorraine and I got a lift home from Freddie Podge. Freddie is a nice guy, but he is so full of himself that I often have to resist the strong urge to give him a smack.
  4. Cooked. Steak, salad, coleslaw and chips.
  5. Watched "Coronation Street". Very dramatic...
  6. Washed up.
  7. Ironed 3 shirts.
  8. Helped Lorraine buy a train ticket over the Internet for the visit to her cousin in two weeks.
  9. Bought my own train ticket over the Internet for my visit to Nottingham on Friday to see A-Ha with LB.
  10. Sent an email.
  11. Argued with Lorraine about when we are going to watch the next episode of "Alias" on DVD. As Lorraine appears to have lost interest in "Alias" I said that I would probably watch the rest of them on my own. She has forbade me from doing this. Ah... I have been forbidden, have I? We'll see about that.
  12. Looked at some blogs. Commented on... two?
  13. Wrote this.

Comments:
You're going to see A-Ha...? And you say Lorraine is mad?! ;-)

I always dread it when my other half needs to get somewhere early, she's not the best at getting up in the morning anyway and an early start usually means rushing, grumpiness and er... Grumpiness!
 
Oi, back off Stef.

Don't diss the Norwegian pop legends.

[bares teeth]
 
Nowt wrong with A-Ha. Their first two albums were very good and then they kind of disappeared from view. It's gonna be a good gig.

The only one grumpy in this house in the morning is me.
 
Isn't 'Take On Me' an A-Ha song?

If so they must be getting on a bit. Which retirement village is the gig at ;)
 
80s pop was great! In the 80s... I've kinda heard enough of it now. A-Ha were better than a lot of the dross I'll give you that, but...
 
My question about A-Ha is how they manage to still look so young. Pynchon, I'm relying on you to come back with details of possible plastic surgery. Look for suspicious scars. But they were amazing on Live 8.
 
Retirement village? Oh, I like that.

No but's, A-Ha were great, although John Barry referred to them as a "Pain in the ass" when they worked with him on "The Living Daylights" single.

Plastic surgery? I'll check for scars.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?