Friday, December 16, 2005

 
This evening the Company held it's annual Christmas pissup. I did not attend. I could not be arsed. It has been such a bad time over the last couple of months, and the Company has so little to be pleased with itself about, that it just felt wrong to me to be drinking and dancing and singing and eating with (some) people that I completely and utterly despise.

Damn that hairshirt!

Lorraine did not attend the Company Do either, but she had an excuse as she is getting an early train tomorrow to visit her cousin and will not be back until Sunday night.

And that reminds me. I need to book the taxi for her for tomorrow.

I'm gone.

Comments:
hairshirt? Exsqueeze me? Baking powder?
 
you haven't came and visited me in a long time :(
 
Our newspaper's Christmas party has taken a downward slide over the years. It has to do with our owner's increasing interest in the bottom line! We started with a swanky dinner at a 5-star inn, to dinner at a local restaurant, to brunch at a lesser local restaurant, to this year's party at the office, catered by a grocery store. Merry Christmas.
 
... And next year at the local McDonalds?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?