Thursday, December 15, 2005

 
OK. These are all replies to all comments received since December 9th. (Bloody hell, they do build up!)

Stef said that he does the "Lost" double bill as well. Obviously he is a man of taste and distinction.

Ginny warned me about giving out any Coronation Street spoilers. As if I would. I hate to read any spoilers about a film or a TV show that I am looking forward to seeing. Actually I have made one exception to that rule and that was in relation to the abortion they made of the "Mission: Impossible" movie. Don't get me started on that subject or I may just post a big spoiler. I was a massive fan of the TV series and I was extremely pissed off by a couple of plot developments in that movie.

Ozbhoy asked if he could blogroll me yet? Many of you know the reasons why the old blog was abandoned and they will not be repeated here, but beeroclock.blogspot.com had something to do with it. It isn't anything to do with you Oz, you know that. You are one of the good guys. (Thinks.) Oh, fuck 'em. Stick me on New Beers for the moment, if you like.

Swiss Toni laughed at being considered enigmatic. But he is. I've met him and he is enigmatic. And tall.

Threelights thinks that "Space Cadets" may well be a total pisstake in that everybody in the show is an actor and not just the ones they have pointed out. Maybe, maybe not. I thought so to, but I have not watched a single episode except the first one, so I cannot really comment.

Stef referred to Carol Thatcher as a "knee-jerk right-wing reactionary cow" with reference to my story about her appearance on the Breakfast Show sofa, 15 years ago. You will get no disagreement from me there, Sir. He also thought that the movie "Three Kings" looked a bit mindless and wondered if the whole issue of the West promising to support the Kurds if and when we invaded Iraq was dealt with. "Three Kings" is a great film and that issue is touched on.

Medusa from the United States said the "Lost" keeps getting better and better. I don't doubt it.

Stef said that all the best arguments are about nothing. No comment.

Adem said that he prefers the younger sister (the redhead!) in "8 Simple Rules For Dating My Teenage Daughter". No comment... but obviously the man is a fool. :-)

Daisy Mae reckons that my 12 point plan to create World Peace by Christmas would be easier than writing up last weekend. She is probably right. World Peace is easy to create by Christmas. Wipe out the human race using 12 very large nuclear weapons. Simple. Cynical? Moi?

Stef asked if I would be writing in the 3rd person again? Might do. Or I might write as a 12 year old boy, a lesbian, Rorschach from Watchmen or Charlie, the protagonist of the fine novel "Flowers For Algernon". He said that it was good to tell managers what is actually going on rather than what they think is going on. Thanks for that Stef. Really. I feel very isolated at work at the moment. I have been called negative and I am not.

Threelights commented that Morten Harket would have been in his 20's when A-Ha started. Yes, indeed. It made me stop to think as well. Also he commented on the fact that there is also a German market in Manchester and that there are probably no Germans left in Germany.

Stef said that there is no German market in Bristol. You're missing out, man! Get onto your MP now.

Swiss Toni says that the new A-Ha album is pretty good. It is pretty good. LB was kind enough to burn me a copy. I think that they just need a hit single and they could be back in the top ten for a while. Swiss Toni also says that his and LB's hero (moi?) is not short. He lies. I am short but beautifully formed. I am the same height as Tom Cruise and he is short. I am taller than Napoleon was, though. I am also taller than my Mom (4 foot 10 inches). My Brother is a giant of 5 foot 6 inches! He is a freak!

LB has thrown a tigger at Stef. I am not even going to attempt to explain that.

I am tired. I will correct spellings, links tomorrow.

Adios.

Comments:
Being a Brummy myself, having moved to Bristol only 3 years ago, I know all about the German market but I figured it was just a Brum thing and didn't feel so bad. Now I'm gutted!

If I see Three Kings in a bargain bin or on TV I will check it out based on your recommendation Pynchon. It had better be good!

I've never seen "8 Simple Rules..." but I do have a thing for redheads. Looking at a few pictures she looks alright and the blonde one looks a bit fake. Will reserve judgement though until I've seen them in action so to speak!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?