Thursday, December 29, 2005

 
Lorraine is in the other room nagging me to start looking on the net at the possibilities for new computers, for ourselves and also for Top Sister. (Lorraine is very good at nagging me from other rooms. She talks and whispers and moans just below my hearing level until eventually I have to stop what I am doing and shout "What the hell are you saying? I cannot hear you, Woman!" and then go into the room in which she is skulking to have a proper conversation. Not this time, though. I am blogging.) We really need a new computer. On average it takes two goes to boot our machine up.

I didn't blog last night. No inclination. Work wore me out. All incredibly boring and depressing. My manager kept wandering about, being as much use as a fart in a spacesuit. After I had bared my teeth at him a couple of times, he decided to leave me alone. Nobody had much enthusiasm, even though there was a lot of work to be done. Lorraine was a whirling dervish of activity, but she is insane and it doesn't count.

Last night we watched a double bill of "Alias" on DVD and then the penultimate two episodes of "Lost" on Channel 4. (Was that a fit looking Michelle Rodriguez? Did Walt really know what was going to happen to the plane? Defence mechanism?) That was our night. Exciting, eh?

This afternoon we are off the see "King Kong" at the Electric Cinema. It's not a film I was much bothered about seeing, to be honest, but the Electric Cinema are making a effort with special cocktails and a jungle themed set, and we have nothing else to do, so why not?

Lorraine has gone downstairs in a sulk. I shall join her and give her my very best Jack Nicholson smile.

Comments:
"On average it takes two goes to boot our machine up"
9 times out of 10 that's just Windows being screwed. A formatted hard-drive and clean install of Windows will usually fix it. Unless your PC won't whirr into action at all or of it pops and fizzles it's probably OK and just Windows that's shagged.

Nagging from another room seems to be a trait of all women. At least all the women I've met. They say we don't listen but it's just that we can't bloody hear because they're too lazy to get off their arses and actually talk!

A night at the Electric sounds good. I always try and support the little places like that when I can.
 
your computer sounds a hell of a lot like mine. Does yours have over 2,000 viruses as well? Hah. I'm betting now. But really, my computer is fucked.
 
Lost was ace as usual. I'm just pissed at C4/ E4 for making y=us wait two weeks for the last episode! Why can't they do a double bill thingy like they did woth Desperate Housewifes earlier this year. Bastards.

King Kong is excellent, but perhaps half an hour too long.
 
Can't believe it, I keep missing Lost. Grr...
 
I don't think that it is windows. It just seems that the hard disk does not catch the first time. Funnily enough on this session it had no problems coming up the first time.

No viruses or anything like that on my machine, touch wood...

"Lost" is ace. Series of the year. No question.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?