Wednesday, December 21, 2005

 
I have 14 minutes to write everything that I need to write. The Ocado delivery is due at 21:00 and I promised Lorraine that I would be in the living room at 20:30 in case it turns up early. Then, at 22:00, there is the "Lost" double bill and I cannot miss that.

So...

It was reported in the news today that some Arsehole has stolen a baby Penguin. You can read the full story here. The police have a theory that the thief was inspired in their act of arseholeness by watching the film "March Of The Penguins", which I went to see on Sunday. I completely forgot to write anything about that film.

I hardly ever watch wildlife documentaries, but I liked "March Of The Penguins" very much. It is a study of the Penguin conception and birth cycle and the battle for survival in the Arctic. It is a very emotive movie. I wiped my eyes several times, especially during the scene in which a Mother Penguin loses it's chick to the elements, goes a little bit mad with grief and tries to steal another Mother Penguin's chick. Powerful stuff. Real men are allowed to cry and not just when they are drunk.

4 minutes.

We are out again tomorrow having a meal with the lovely Lana Blue (of turquoise eyes fame), hubbie Bobby and mad Harriet Quant, the receptionist at work and possibly the dizziest woman in the West Midlands. I will try to update tomorrow night when we return.

Times up. The time is always up. No time to stop and stare.

Comments:
we are?
 
Penguin theft? That's terrible! I loved the movie too, and yes, the death/stealing scene is heart-breaking.
 
Oh no!

I completely forgot about Lost last night and missed it. Drat!

March of the Penguins eh? Big in the US because of the family values of the 'monogomous' penguins right? The fact that they're monogomous for a whole year and then move to a new partner isn't really highlighted is it?
 
You'd have to be pretty distracted during the movie to miss the fact that the penguins are serial monogamists. But, well, not all Americans are as observant as I!
 
Hey Pynchon,
Just stopped by to wish you a very merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

I hope you get everything you are wishing for.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?