Tuesday, December 27, 2005

 
I am feeling quite ill, to be honest. Way too much food. Way too much drink. Way too little sleep. Way too much TV. Way too much of a good time (if that is possible.) And I have work tomorrow. Perhaps it is the thought of that that is making me ill?

I have a headache starting. Probably not a good idea to be in front of the computer, especially with Lorraine fuming downstairs at my decision to abandon her for the pleasures of the blog, when there is washing up still to be done. I'll make this as short and as concise as I can.

After Christmas dinner (duck with loads and loads of vegetables) we watched "Doctor Who: The Christmas Invasion" . I think that it was Swiss Toni who said that he found it hammy. Yes, I suppose it was, but I liked it nethertheless. I remember being disappointed at the early Christopher Eccelestone "Doctor Who" stories, but the series went from strength to strength after a ropey start and became unmissable. I have a feeling that the David Tennant series is going to follow much the same path. Lorraine said that Tennant's Doctor seemed very black and white and ruthless. Now that is interesting. According to Time Lord lore, the more regenerations a Time Lord has, the more unstable their personality becomes. As all "Doctor Who" fans know, it is only a matter of time before the Doctor becomes the evil Valeyard...

It could be an interesting series...

At 8pm we watched Tom Cruise in "Collateral". I thought that it was excellent and a really good film, but I could not shake the idea that 20 years ago Cruise's character Vincent would have been played by somebody like James Woods and that perhaps somebody like that should have played the character this time. I remember reading an interesting little fact about "Collateral". Apparently at one time the comic actor Adam Sandler was approached to play the cab driver. Now that would have been interesting casting. I don't know if it would have worked or not. Has Adam Sandler ever played a straight character? "Punch Drunk Love" perhaps? Borderline straight character?

I don't know what we did after 10pm. I do know that the posing pouch and vibrating cock ring were not utilised and have in fact not been utilised at the time of this writing.

Boxing Day.

Full English breakfast and out to watch "Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire". I thought that it was as boring as hell and not a patch on the first three movies, especially "Harry Potter And The Prisoner of Azkaban". I have not read the Harry Potter books, but Lorraine has, and I asked her what she thought about the film. She said that the film was a lot quicker than the book. Good Lord! It's a really boring book then? I read that Mike Newell, due to the size of the book, had the chance to make two films - "Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire Part 1" to be released now and "Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire Part 2" to be released in the Summer of 2006, but decided against it. Any thoughts on that? Lorraine thinks that it would have worked very well.

I do not go to very many football matches, but the one I always go to with my Brother is the annual Aston Villa relegation fight on Boxing Day. So it was that I found myself at a freezing cold Villa Park, high up in Holte End, singing obscene anti Everton/Birmingham City songs whilst watching the mighty Villa demolish Everton 4-0. Well, I say demolish, but I have to be honest and say that we had a good first 10 minutes and an end to end battle after that. I certainly do not know where the 4 goals came from. Hey, it doesn't matter! A win is a win!

I have no idea what we watched yesterday evening, but I remember phasing in and out of "The Office" Christmas specials from 2 years ago. A classic.

Today we arose late, washed, dressed, battled our way through the hordes in Birmingham City Centre, swapped some unwanted presents (the duplicate John Peel autobiography and the huge black jumper) for stuff that I wanted ("Batman Begins", "Destination: Morgue" by James Ellroy and a smaller blue jumper), bought some essentials (milk, red onion, philadelphia spread) and came home.

We have watched "Madagascar". I liked it.

Back to work tomorrow. Oh, fucking hell, that is a depressing thought. Somebody kill me.

I wonder if Lorraine will give me a tit wank later? After all, it is Christmas and all that.

Comments:
i bought my nipper "Madagascar" as she loved it, but I have to confess I think it's one of the weakest of those types of film. David Schwimmer is *ace* though, and the penguins rule.

Dr Who? genius. Again. I thought they did to him what they did to Bond in "The World Is Not Enough" - remind you that his job is on occasion to kill.... and Billie Piper?

*lies down*
 
I'm with you on the feeling sick thing, too much food, too much drink, too much TV and what's worse is that I missed Dr Who and the team I support (who shall remain nameless) managed to lose. Again.
 
WTF? I've been off of the PC the whole holiday since my cow of a sister in law hogged my PC the whole time she was here, so I have a bit of catching up to do. But apparently I definately missed something. Posing pouch and vibrating cock ring? I suppose it is the gift that keeps on giving.

Seriously though, you have me laughing now. Stop - tears are coming out of my eyes and I just may pee my self from laughing. I have to go and read the archieves to see what I missed. This is going to be good I can see that now!

Happy Holidays!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?