Wednesday, November 02, 2005

 
What the hell is going on with Blogger, then? Incredibly slow, multiple disconnections, etc. It's enough to make you give up. Let's try and get something written before the whole thing stops working, shall we?

Last night, straight after I got home from work, I went into the bathroom to have a piss. While I was washing my hands I took a good look at myself in the bathroom mirror. I was shocked. I had huge bags under my eyes. The bags were purple and veiney and kind of awful (too much salt, not enough salt?). My skin looked greasy and spotty. My hair... Well, don't get me started on that. I have lost quite a bit of hair on the back of my head and now it looks like the front is going. I am also now going very grey, and it is not a distinguished grey, either.

To be honest, I am frankly disgusted by my physical condition. I am heavier than I have ever been (12 stone 2 pounds last Sunday, 5 years ago I was stable at 11 stone 3 pounds), my belly is a physical thing (and it isn't alcohol because I really do drink very little these days), I am tired all of the time, my legs ache and my fingernails are in bad condition (I have bitten my nails since I was about 5 years old).

Don't you just love the self pity post? I know that I need to do something about the above and I need to do it quick. I mentioned some of this to Lorraine. She said I was under terrible stress and that stress often manifests itself physically. Of course she is right. So, how do I remove the stress. Some of it is work and some of it, sadly, is her.

Yesterday, early evening. I sidled up to Lorraine and asked her if, after watching the last episode of "Love Soup", she would like to go straight to bed to "mess around". She said that she would. Later that evening we did end up in bed, I stroked her thighs and her bottom and then she said that she was too tired and accused me of "always picking the wrong time". I did not take it well. I told her that she needed to see somebody; perhaps a sex therapist. She said to not be ridiculous. I told her that in that case I hoped she would be happy in her "Sexless Old Age" and that she would make a fine "Old Maid".

We went to work in silence today. She went to lunch at a different time to me. We did not even look at each other until about 3:30pm when we had to go into a meeting together. We are talking now, but it is strained. I don't know how this is going to work itself out.

I am going to have a little play with my sidebar.

Comments:
"a little play with your sidebar".

Is that a euphemism I'm not familiar with?
 
Oooh, er, missus. Saucy!
 
Have you ever noticed that in relationships people don't have equally matched sex drives? One partner wants it more and the other wants it less. Sometimes its the male, sometimes the female. Is this Gods way of punishing us? Because if it is, it's working!
 
Or is it that sometimes one person in a relationship pretends that they like something that they really are not bothered about, until such a time when they have got exactly what they want (money in the bank, house, stability in employment) and they can stop pretending, so leaving the other person in that relationship upset, confused and frustrated?

Phew.
 
"I am also now going very grey"
Ack! I've been going grey since I was in my late 20s and am greyer than my dad!
My cousin had white hair by the age of 20!

Very true though about stress making you feel and look like shit. That and the thing about a couple never being in the same mood at the same time. Grr...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?