Tuesday, November 29, 2005

 
This evening, snuggled up on the settee with two big mugs of tea, a box of Thorntons chocolates and two bags of Maltesers, we watched "Bridget Jones: The Edge Of Reason". I expected to loathe it. Everybody said that I would loathe it. I didn't. I liked it. I even laughed a couple of times (which is always good when watching a comedy). Now, either everybody is wrong about "Bridget Jones: The Edge Of Reason" or I am losing my marbles and any kind of critical faculties with regard to cinema. I cannot even blame Lorraine. I told her that I would like to watch it as I had never seen it before.

One more thing. Is it just me or is Renee Zellwegger a damn sight more foxy and gorgeous when she is overweight than when she is anorexic?

Last thing. Proof that there is a God. Kate Winslet is going nude in her next film, which is called "Little Children". Well, it made me happy to read that...

Comments:
...but its not as good as the first one.
 
I agree that a super-skinny Renee isn't as attractive... I thought she look horrible in "Chicago," all brittle and hard. (Although it made Catherine Zeta-Jones look all the more sexy.) What I hated about Edge of Reason, though, was that they made her all scraggly looking - greasy skin and hair, etc. As if girls who are slightly overweight shouldn't even bother, since they're hopeless. That's not the Bridget Jones of the books, nor is it how women really behave. (Even women who are far more overweight than Bridget's extra couple of pounds.) I imagine Renee insisting, "If I have to be chunky, make sure I look TERRIBLE! I wouldn't want anyone to think I enjoyed this. Oh, and when are we wrapping? I need to schedule a colonic."
 
I totally agree - saw her on telly the other day at some premiere or other. She probably thinks she looks svelte, I think she looks boney. Give me Bridget Jones anytime. Which man would really say otherwise?

ST
 
I have to admit I laughed during Edge of Reason a few times too, I seem to remember actually enjoying it too... Don't think it's just you.

Yep, RZ does look better when she's woman shaped rather than skinny boy shaped. It doesn't take much to make Catherine Zeta Jones look sexy though does it? ;-)

I think most women want to be dead skinny (and they do) because they see all these stick-thin fashion models looking great in expensive clothes.

All men I know like their women with curves so why does fashion select stick thin models with bottoms like youung boys? The Fashion industry is largely controlled by gay men...

Women everywhere, fight it! You don't see too many guys stressing about not looking anything like those blokes on Men's Health magazine...
 
Shoot me but I liked both of the Bridget Jones movies (and books). yes, I am one of those that has to read the book too so I can see the differences.

What's Maltesers?
 
Mark - True.

Medusa - True as well, except I have never particularly liked Catherine Zeta Jones.

ST - True.

Stef - Yup. (See above for CZJ comment).

Daisy - Never read the books. See next post for Maltesers comment.
 
I hope I'm not too late to chime in -- Renee's muscular back creeped me out in Chicago. Zeta Jones looks like a beautiful woman from that era. Not crazy about the bob, though. I like her with long hair. And the only time I noticed greasy hair in Bridget was in the Thai prison. That's self-explanatory, right? I loved that part, by the way.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?