Thursday, November 24, 2005

 
In another life I wrote a post (at least one person called it an infamous post) in which I bemoaned the fact that sometimes people insist on posting when there is nothing to post about. I took my own advice over the last couple of days. As there was fuck-all to write about, I wrote fuck-all. (There is a kind of poetry in those last words.)

What did I do instead?

Tuesday night I cooked a healthy meal of Gammon, Egg and Chips and was tricked by Lorraine into watching Eddie Murphy in "Dr. Doolittle". How did Lorraine trick me? Er... She said, "Shall we watch Eddie Murphy in 'Dr. Doolittle'" and I said, "Yeah, OK". Devious cow. What did I think of "Dr. Doolittle"? Let's be frank, here. It is a piece of shit. And I watched it to the end. And I nearly laughed.

Last night, against my better judgement, I did some overtime at work and achieved precisely nothing. When we got home we ordered Chinese takeaway and watched "The Bourne Supremacy" for the upteenth time. I liked "The Bourne Supremacy" a lot when I saw it at the cinema and, for me at least, it gets better and better with every viewing. Paul Greengrass, until a couple of months ago, was going to direct the "Watchmen" movie. From what I have read about it I think that it could have been wonderful. There is a little bit in the current Empire Magazine when they talk about things they would like to see in 2006 and one of them is Paul Greengrass finally making "Watchmen". Apparently he wanted Paddy Considine as Rorschach, which is something I had never heard before and he is the perfect choice, and Joan Allen as Silk Spectre. Perhaps if "V For Vendetta" is a hit, "Watchmen" will finally get greenlit and Paul Greengrass will direct.

And then I watched "Lost". I have said it before and I will say it again. What the fuck?!?! Numbers, bad numbers..? Eh? (No spoilers here, I hope.) I love "Lost". Brilliant series. Essential viewing. Best thing I have watched in ages.

Things are happening at work. It is very mysterious, but I am not going to go into that now. Another time.

Tomorrow night I am off to see The Prodigy at the NIA. Wish me luck. I will be wearing my pink shirt and will be gorgeous and lost to the God of dance.

"I'm a Firestarter"
"Twisted Firestarter..."

Comments:
The last two episodes of lost (Jins story and Hurlys story) have been the best episodes of the enitre series. And there are only 6 episodes left...:-(
 
Lost has been pretty good but there's something frustrating about it but I can't quite put my finger on what...

Did Loraine actually enjoy Dr Doolittle? You've got to worry about someone who likes all the Eddie Murphy shit.

I really hope the V for Vendetta film is a good one. It's one of my favourite comics and I'd hate to see it ruined.
 
You lucky bastard.

I saw the Prodg back in 98 I believe, they were brilliant.

Have a great time.

Have a dance for me when/if they play 'Poison'
 
Darth - I wonder if they will try to squeeze the remaining episodes in before the end of year.

Stef - Lorraine said that she enjoyed "Dr. Doolittle", but she may have been saying that to piss me off.

Yeah, I am hoping the best for "V For Vendetta" as well. The trailer looks good, but you never know.

Oz - Well, I hadn't read your post before I went to the gig, but I think I did you proud. My legs ache me today, anyhow.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?