Monday, November 28, 2005

 
I refuse to be part of their in-crowd.

I do not believe that it is acceptable to take the piss out of the new girl in our section (her name is Tina Noir) just because she is
  1. Not in her 20's.
  2. Not blonde. (Her hair is dyed black.)
  3. Does not watch the "X-Factor" and/or "I'm A Celebrity, Get Me The Fuck Out Of Here".
  4. Not quiet. (She is quite loud.)
  5. Not thin.
  6. Wears red high heeled shoes.
  7. Wears a red thong. (She bent over at one point and accidentally showed a little bit. Very nice, I thought. Lacy.)

I will not accept that the food served in the canteen has to be shit.

I will not criticise my friend Larry Skin (who sits next to me) because he goes home every day on the stroke of 17:30. (He does lots of unpaid work out of hours - more than me - and is very precise and methodical in his work.)

I refuse to allow badly designed, badly written and badly tested software to be sent to any of my customers without making a comment.

Shit software should be the exception and not the Company rule.

And finally...

I saw the Frank Oz version of Ira Levin's "The Stepford Wives" last night. It is a cinematic turd and is inferior in every possible way to the 1975 version of that novel. I am not surprised to hear that when John Cusack walked, due to a family crisis, Nicole Kidman tried to do the same. Awful. Shit.

Bad day. Fuck it.


Comments:
Man, you're going to have to stop putting loads of different subjects in one post, I don't know what to comment on!

Anyway, good on you for not bowing to corporate bitchy/bullying culture and yay to you for putting you foot down regarding shit software. As an (ex) Trainer I've had to train people to use badly designed/buggy/shit software and it's painful. Having to use it every day must be worse than I could possibly imagine.
 
Yuck. That Stepford Wives is terrible. Sometimes I really question Christopher Walken's judgment. He's in some good movies, but oh boy, he's in some stinkers too!
 
That vevrsion of the movie is a bad, bad film. It should be consigned to film hell.
 
Can Nicole Kidman still walk? Oh, yeah, it's just her facial muscles which are frozen immobile.
 
Yup, I get that every day at work.

You must conform. You must do what we do.

They've made successful sci-fi movies out of that premise.

You must conform. You must do what we do.
 
I read somewhere that Christopher Walken just likes to work and so lets his agent pick his films at random.

Conformity? Nah. I don't fancy that.

Thanks everyone. Chords being struck, and all that.
 
I just HAVE to comment on the "I refuse to allow badly designed, badly written and badly tested software..." comment. You'll give yourself an ulcer Dude. I used to have a stroke about my ex-boss selling "vapor-ware". (Software that has yet to be written although he lies and tells the client that it is written and installed in 10 other companies). I can feel my blood pressure going up now just thinking about it. He drove me frigging nuts doing that. It's no wonder he had to sell the business in the end.
 
I actually think I am getting an ulcer. Lorraine tells me all of the time to "calm down". She is right as well.
 
Bosses are bad at that, but sales people *shudders* are worse.

The IT industry would be so much better if there were no sales people in it at all. Most don't have enough product knowledge to say what the technology can or can't do and promse things that *could* be done but would involve so much time and effort that the company makes no money from the sale. But of course the useless tosser still gets his bonus.

Kill them all!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?