Tuesday, November 08, 2005

 
Here's something I never expected to be writing. I really enjoyed the overtime at work this evening.

No phones, no managers (except Orville Turd who thinks that he manages me and completely fails to realise that it is the other way around), no customers, no idiot programmers or system analysts. Just bliss. I got a ton of work done and got paid over the odds to do it as well. The overtime is all part of the great blitz designed to get us into fighting shape for 2006. Do I even give a tiny shit about that? No, not really. I only did the overtime because Lorraine asked me to and I am glad that I did.

Did I actually say why I decided to take Lorraine on a date on Saturday? No, I don't think that I did. Simply, I just wanted things, for a little while, to be the way that they were when we started to go out together. And they were. A grand gesture was called for. It was the best decision I made for years and, yes it cost money, but so what? Lorraine said today that we should do it again and said that it would be her turn to pay next time. Not going to happen (her paying) but we will do it again. Great night. (You know that. I wrote about it - badly - at length, last night.)

Things are good between us. It's a start.

Comments:
hurrah for dates.

good work, young man (the datem not the overtime)
 
Glad things are good. As Lord Bargain said, Hoorah for dates!

On topic though, the best time to work is when no-one else is.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?