Saturday, November 19, 2005

 
As I write this Lorraine and her sister Ellen are in the front bedroom, pissed as farts (2 bottles of red and several bottles of becks!), going through the boxes of their Mother's possessions that have been piled up in our house for the past couple of weeks. There is a lot of laughter and both ladies are very loud. I am expecting the neighbours to come a knocking very soon. I am glad. It could have been sad Salinger family business (Salinger is their family name), but it looks instead that it has become a binding experience for the two of them. Not so long ago I remember a conversation that Lorraine had with her sister on the phone as being incredibly bitter and nasty. It looks like they have gotten past that.

Anyway, I am keeping well out of the way. Never get between two pissed women unless you are pissed yourself. I think my Dad told me that.

It has been a good couple of days. Arse about tit. Wrong way around.

I went to my Mom's late this afternoon. Earlier this week she had attended the hospital for various tests. Very painful, very uncomfortable. She had to have a barium meal and it was not a good expereince. Now it looks like it was all worth it because nothing was found. It is a big relief. My Mom is now planning Bottom Sister's birthday party.

This afternoon I went to see "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" starring Robert Downey Jr. and Val Kilmer. I enjoyed it very much. Brilliant pisstake/mash up of a buddy-buddy action movie crossed with an old style hard boiled, film noir private eye story. Marvellous script by Shane Black ("The Last Boy Scout", "The Long Kiss Goodnight", "Lethal Weapon", etc.) who also directed for the first time. Very sharp, sarcastic, funny and knowing. (Sidebar. This is getting pretty bad. I have liked every film I have seen at the cinema since I restarted the blog. I need to see a stinker pretty soon to get back some perspective. Sidebar.) Go and see it. You will enjoy it. Unless you are a loser, of course.

This morning, with the house to myself (Lorraine having gone off to meet her friend, the lovely Lana Blue - of the famous torquoise eyes - in town), I hoovered and cleaned the entire house. I then picked up some dry cleaning. The memory of those events makes me tremble with excitement.

This morning, after we awoke, I was allowed to grope Lorraine buttocks and to hold one of her tits. However, as we had slept in until way past 9am, she had to rush and there was no time for anything else.

Last night we watched "Love, Actually" on DVD. I really like "Love, Actually". Sue me. I think already it is a modern Christmas classic. Sue me. I then watched exactly 10 minutes or so of the BBC's Children In Need show. The 10 minutes in question? The "Doctor Who" bit. The BBC claim that it was a specially written scene. Funny that. To me it seemed to be the opening scene for the Christmas story due to be broadcast on Christmas Day. That aside, David Tennant looks pretty good to me as the new Doctor.

Yesterday morning we went to the Festive Gift Fair at the NEC with Lorraine's step dad Ian and his (newish) wife Penny. Very nice day. This visit I managed a modicum of discipline in that I did not
  1. Sample alcohol at every stall selling alcohol.
  2. Sample food at every stall selling food.
  3. Spend a huge amount of money on tat.

We bought some presents and found, I think, the perfect present for a fellow Blogger for their birthday. That person will know about it soon enough.

Thursday evening we watched Channel 4's "Rock 'n' Roll Hall Of Fame" inductees show, which made me feel very decrepid and past it. I am old enough to remember a time before Joy Division/New Orer. I am old enough to remember when Annie Lennox and Dave Stewart were in a band called the Tourists, who had a British hit with a cover of Dusty Springfield's "I Only Want To Be With You", and the Eurythmics had not even been thought about. And there they all were. Being inducted as legends...

Time for pipe and slippers? Fuck you.


Comments:
Sign me up for that pipe and slippers bit as well because I remember Annie before the Eurythmics. Wait, I'm only 29.

And pardon me but what is up with Annie's hair? I have been wondering that for more than 20 years now. Why the man hair? I don't get it.
 
I wanted to come up with something mind-blowing and amazing to comment, but it's too early in the morning for that.

Felicia, out.

Ps. Can I link you yet?
 
Love Actually wasn't a truly bad movie but I have no desire to see it again... Are you sure it's not just Keira Knightley you wanted to see again? That's the only reason I can think of! :-)

Might go and check out Kiss Kiss Bang Bang though.

Glad your mum is well
 
Love Actually was a big pile of ARSE!

I really hated that film. Hugh bloody Grant and his bloody floppy bloddy fringe. And Kiera Knightley couldn't act her way out of a paper bag. Like Orlando Bloom.
 
Says the man who likes xXx.. ;-)

You have a point about Love Actually, I was only judging relative to other chick-flicks which is hardly an exacting standard...
 
I must admit, Keira Knightley does nothing for me whatsoever. Apply the Winslet test. Is there a single part that Keira Knightley has played that Kate Winslet could not have played better? No.

Also, Kate has tits. Keira does not. It's important, you know.

Is "Love, Actually" a chick flick? I think I like it more than Lorraine does. Perhaps I am a chick at heart.
 
Love Actually is a chick flick. No question.

No guns, killings or spaceships. Therefore not a bloke film on the DP Scale of Films (tm).
 
I happened to watch Love Actually on Sunday evening. It made me feel sad.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?