Wednesday, November 30, 2005

 
29 minutes until the next "Lost" double bill. I had hoped to be here earlier, but Lorraine got it into her head that she had not spent nearly enough money on Christmas presents yet and so decided to go wild on Amazon with the credit card. I finally managed to cajole her out of the back room by telling her that Rufus Sewell was at the front door singing Christmas carols in a thong.

He wasn't really.

Not much time to write anything of note.

Daisy wanted to know what Maltesers were. Here is a link that I found on Wikipedia. Maltesers are great. Go and order some. There are lots of sites catering for the culinary tastes of the Brit abroad.

Tomorrow I am having a half day off work (mainly to piss off work) and in the evening am going to see the fine tribute band The Complete Stone Roses at the Carling Academy. I saw them a couple of years ago and had a great time. I have high hopes that it will be another good night.

Friday I am off work. Lots of chores to do (posting Birthday and Christmas presents, wrapping, shopping, etc.) and in the afternoon I am meeting up with the mighty Graham; legendary Brother of the mighty Mark.

I will probably not be here tomorrow. Back Friday.

Comments:
I see Daisy beat me to it. I was going to ask about Maltesers too! I know we have them here but under a different name - can't remember what though - maybe Malteds?. They are kind of crunchy in the middle, right?
 
Yeah, they've got a light honeycomb type of thing going on in the middle. Definitely worth hunting down if you've not had them. My wife was born in Hong Kong where they sell them but then moved to the States for 15 years or something. When she came to the UK she went Malteser crazy!

I managed to miss tonight's episode of Lost so I guess I have to try and catch it on Sunday. Arse!

I haven't got any christmas presents at all yet and I really can't be arsed to be honest.
 
Ginny, maybe you are thinking of Whoppers Malted Milk Balls?

Not sure, but maybe they are the same as Maltesers...

http://oldtimecandy.com/whoppers.htm
 
Lost was fantastic!!!!

Six episodes left...
 
Yes Medusa, Whoppers, that was what I was thinking of. Are they the same as Maltesers?
 
Maltesers are great. We get them here in South Africa (perhaps its a Commonwealth thing?) along with several wannabe copycats. The originals are still the best!
 
You guys talking about "Lost" makes me just want to burst about all the cool stuff that you have yet to see. I don't get why the UK is so far behind... other parts of the world are in the second season (series) like we are.

Hopefully you are you getting the second right after the first, so you can catch up... also for us it was a long summer as it definitely was a cliffhanger!
 
Ack! Don't talk about Lost. I was still driving back from Brum on Sunday evening so I totally missed last week's Lost :-(
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?