Sunday, October 30, 2005

 
I did wake up with a hangover this morning (no surprise), but all things considered, it has been a pretty good day.

We went to B&Q this morning as Lorraine wanted to pick up essential items such as paint (she still wants to decorate the living room, God help me!) and a singing Polar Bear for Christmas (it is a toy and not really a singing Polar Bear, as I would imagine that a real singing Polar Bear would be pretty expensive). For my part I insisted that we purchase peanuts, seeds and fat balls for the ickle, lickle birdies that inhabit our garden, although it is more likely that said treats will be devoured by the squirrels that cavort on our back lawn all times of the year.

Afterwards, we went into town and I bought some Calvin Klein Obsession shower gel at Rackhams with some vouchers that they sent me a while ago. I then saw "Saw II" on my own (Lorraine will not watch horror films), which I quite enjoyed. I loved the original "Saw", which was an ingenious, gruesome little horror film. Perhaps "Saw II" isn't as good as "Saw", as it really is just an exercise in showing how many diabolical ways you can kill people over the space of an hour and a half, but if you like that kind of thing, and sometimes I do, it was pretty good. Good ending as well and nicely setup for another sequel. I can easily see it becoming a series that could run and run, just like "A Nightmare On Elm Street" spawned many a sequel in the 80's.

This evening we watched the remake (or is that reimagining?) of "The Italian Job". It isn't really "The Italian Job" , but it isn't terrible (it could have been) and is a serviceable enough caper movie.

I need to respond to some emails. I am off.

Comments:
I like your profile photo. Isn't he the narrator from The Rocky Horror Picture Show? I guess is goes with the pink... (ha ha)
 
He is the mighty Charles Gray.

On the Saturday of the crisis I was flopped in front of the TV watching a Jeremy Brett, Sherlock Holmes story. Charles Gray was playing Holmes' brother, Mycroft. Charles Gray had the most fantastic face. He had eyes like a cat.

When I grow up I want to be Charles Gray.
 
Sometimes I amaze even myself... I checked imdb, and yes, Charles Gray is the narrator, or 'The Criminologist' as they call him, in The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

I have seen this film to numerous times. Peter just doesn't 'get it' and can't understand why I have watched it so often - it's crazy, it's quirky, it's bizarre - I love it! Plus it has some catchy tunes. Since tonight is Hallowe'en, I wonder if it will be playing on TV tonight... I better go check.
 
You have a good memory Ginny. I thought the pic was really the host of this blog. What's his name again? Anyway, I really did. I thought sheesh he is a lot older than I thought. All of that blonde hair dye must have gone to my brain.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?